Chapter 21

A/N:

Hi, I'm back! 

I'm so sorry it took me so long to update. Life has been crazy, and honestly I've been just so inspired to write Ambit, my other ff, I ended up really stuck, just couldn't get this chapter done. The writer's block was real. 

Either way, here's a little recap for you guys, because I KNOW it has been too long. 

RECAP: 

Desmond is sick in the hospital with Glioblastoma Stage 4, an inoperable tumor in his brain, and the disease it's already in its final stages. Harry has been showing signs of depression, triggered by his father imminent death + all the shit going on at S&L, losing control and not being able to make the decisions he needs to.

Phillip tricked Desmond into signing a contract saying Harry can only inherit his part of the business once he has a male heir. Now Aster, Calvin, Abel, Rickie and Harry are trying to cancel the new contract due to Desmond being not fit to make such decision. 

After struggling with a crisis in their relationship, caused by Harry thinking Penny's baby might've been his, Aster and Harry are finally getting back on track. Aster proposed to Harry (chapters 17 and 18) and they started looking for a place.

Harry took Aster to a big house in Long Island, which later he revealed to be his family's house, but the Styles never got to live there because Desmond built it before the divorce. As a last gesture for Desmond, Aster agreed they should move there to eventually start their family, like Des always dreamed. 

They were just back home, to Harry's apartment, after a really long smut (chapter 19 and 20), when Harry's phone rang in the middle of the night, from the hospital. At first, Aster thought it might be about Desmond, but it was about Calvin, her best friend, who has been shot. 

And that's it. Now, to the new chapter =) 

***

Aster's P.O.V.: 

Time.

Funny, how it works.

After Harry hung up the phone, I could've sworn it started pacing at two different speeds. At first, I felt like it stopped altogether.

I could see Harry's lips moving as he urged me out of bed, though I wasn't hearing his voice. Things were happening in slow-motion, but also in a blur. I barely registered the action of putting on some random clothes, running down the stairs, taking the elevator, my car, hitting the road.

It also felt like hours, like it didn't matter how fast Harry was driving, it seemed like the streets were stretching and getting longer, never-ending. Like they were circular.

However, in a flash, we were at the hospital, so out of breath one could've thought we ran there by foot. We identified ourselves at the reception and rushed to the family room, where Abel was already walking back and forth, with dried blood all over his clothes.

Calvin's blood.

He turned his face the moment we stepped into the room, his face paling further as our gazes meet, and without a word, he paced his way towards me with no hesitation, wrapping his strong arms around my shoulders and pulling me to a soul-crashing hug, burying his face onto the curve of my neck and sniffing, his own body shaking softly.

And that's when time made that funny thing again. It stopped, and rushed fast all at once; as much as it felt like I was in his arms for fucking eternity, I pulled from the hug way too soon.