Sunday, January 2nd

Start from the beginning

Kara says nothing for a moment. It is just a lot to process. 'Wow. Are you okay?' Kara asks while removing the scarf and looking at the scar from the cut her brother made. 

Lena nods but the emotions are only getting to her now. She hugs Kara and the tears start to roll. She cries her eyes out. She had been a lot anxious but she knows everything is over now. That's a good thing. But this is the first time she had the chance to think about everything for a minute. 

They hug it out and talk about the emotions with Lena. The tears get dried and Lena decides it's time for the fun part of the day. She changes the subject. 

'I have gifts' Lena says as she reaches into her bag. 

'This is for Alex because you helped me get back here.' 

'Ahh, that's okay. I don't need it. I enjoyed helping. Especially now that I see Kara is 100 times happier now that you're here.' Alex says. 

Lena smiles. 'That's sweet but I still want to give you this.' 

Lena gives the gift and Alex unwraps it. As soon as the wrapping paper falls off she sees the all-black smartwatch. 'Oh my... you didn't! This is amazing.' Alex says as she jumps up to hug Lena. 'Thank you, so much.' 

Lena smiles. 'You're welcome.' 

'But I also have a gift for the most amazing girlfriend I have.' 

Kara smiles from ear to ear. 'That has to be me.' she says. 

Lena hands Kara the little box. Firstly Kara unwraps the wrapping paper and looks at the outside of the box with the hearts drawn on it. She lifts the box and looks at the inside. She sees the key first. With a note that says: 'you're always welcome in my apartment.'

Kara turns her head to Lena and gives a little kiss on the cheek. 'I love it but did you fly all the way from Ireland to give me this?' 

Lena says nothing but just points at the top of the box. Kara removes the paper and sees the map of Wellom with a little location pin in it. Kara screams and sits up. 

'You bought an apartment in Wellom?' she says in disbelieve. 

Lena nods proudly. 'I did.' 

Kara squeals and hugs Lena tightly. 'Just when I thought I couldn't be happier here you go!' 

Lena smiles. 'I just couldn't imagine living far away from you. And it was a scary trip but it was worth it.' 

Alex and Lena tell more about how they planned everything out. Kara just listens and holds Lena's hand. Both girls can't be happier. 

In the afternoon Lena takes Kara to show her the apartment. They got on the bus. 'Where even is the apartment?' Kara asks. 

Lena shrugs. You should have studied the map. Now it's just a surprise. Lena presses the stop button to stop the bus. 

When they are outside the bus Lena stops Kara and points up to the apartment. 'That's it.' 

Kara her mouth drops open. 'It looks amazing! And it's in the shopping street with the best bakery and restaurants? I'm gonna get food so many times.' 

Lena laughs. 'Wait till you see the inside. It's even better.' 

They stand in front of the apartment door. Kara is waiting for Lena to open the door but Lena doesn't do anything. 

'You have the key!' Lena says. 

Kara laughs and gets the key she got from Lena to open the door. 

Kara's mouth drops when she steps inside because the apartment is pretty big. 

She hugs her girlfriend. 'This is amazing. I'm going to be staying here a lot.' 

'That was the whole idea.' Lena smirks. 

'The furniture will arrive on January 4th. It's pretty empty like this. The paint will arrive tomorrow. You can help me paint everything if you want' Lena says. 

In the afternoon after quite some make-out sessions, Lena and Kara sit down on Lena's inflatable bed and drink some tea to relax from the fun day. 

Kara kisses Lena. 'Thank you for going through so much trouble to be close with me. I can't imagine how bad that must have been.' 

'It was terrible but you kept me going.' Lena says. 

Kara carefully slides her fingers over the wound on Lena her throat. 'I can't imagine how much this hurts.' 

'It doesn't anymore. Because I'm with you.' 

'I make you soft huh?' Kara says. 

'You do!' Lena says as she snuggles deeper near Kara. 

'So much has changed recently.' Kara says. 

'It did. And I think we both learned a lesson. The same lesson.' Lena says. 

'December can change your life.' 

'Exactly. I love you.' Lena says. 

'I love you more.' Kara says while kissing Lena. They snuggle up and fall asleep together.  

A/N: What did you think? Good ending? I'm happy with it. 

For my final author's note please read the next chapter <3