7.

It's been two years since Somang has been married and to say San was worried would be an understatement. He was worried about her every single moment but kept himself distracted and busy with contracts and a business he had grown himself to say it was his families incase Somang did search for him.

His business was a publication company, publishing books and poems; he decided on such a company due to Somang's love for writing. She hadn't called upon her guardian angel either, so he thought that all was going well and she was happy.

San nodded and dismissed a potential assistant for his publishing business. He was looking for a new assistant and today was the main interview day for those who had made it. He hadn't been checking the names so when the next person walked in, San was flabbergasted.

San and Somang held the same expressions on their faces before hers was the first to evaporate into a sign of relief. It's been two years and who would've thought they'd meet each other again like this?

"Somang..." San began and questioned her about how she was doing. "Why are you looking for a job? Because your family's literary own companies."

Somang softly laughed and looked down to the ground. "I'm just so bored at home, y'know? So I decided to look for something."

There was no way San was going to reject Somang from the position, he made this company for her sole purpose. And so San gave her the job to which she happily accepted.

"Are you busy after this? If not, we could have lunch?" San asked, wanting to catch up for the lost years.

"Sure, that'll be nice."

San took her out to an Italian restaurant, remembering full well that she loved pizzas and spaghetti. As they sat down and chatted for a while, San noticed how much she had changed. She had dropped a lot of weight, her hair lost their natural shine and was dull, her clothes looked worn out but not many would easily notice. She appeared exhausted as fatigue gawned at her muscles and the eye bags were too bold.

San didn't question her as he knew he wouldn't like the answer. They chatted up until it was time for her to leave.

"Would you like me to drop you off at home?" San suggested as he stood up from the table with her.

Somang shook her head with a small smile. "No need, I need to run an errand before going home."

San nodded with a comforting smile. He knew that she was lying but he let it slide and walked out her. After bidding goodbyes, the two went separate ways in front of the restaurant. San found himself turning into an alleyway before going invisible before backtracking to Somang.

He followed quietly behind her for three blocks before Somang decided to take a bus downtown. San was with her all the way until she jumped off and what shocked him was that she did not go to the home he had expected her to go. Watching as she entered a rundown building where she had a small one bedroom apartment.

He teleported himself inside and saw that all of her belongings were inside. San was utterly baffled at the sight since he knew she was married to a well off person, so why was she living her? He debated reappearing as an angel but halted when she received a call.

San wasn't able to hear what the caller spoke and Somang's responses were vague. After the short call, she sighed deeply before going through her things. San realised she was going to change so he waited outside until she emerged from the apartment wearing a formal dress and a small purse.

He trailed after her as she jumped into a black SUV and went all the way to a mansion that he knew to be her home. When he walked inside, behind Somang while still being invisible, he saw her parents and everyone else having dinner. Radiant and bright laughter lifting the atmosphere.

Woozi approached Somang and the two lovingly joked around and behaved lovey dovey, or so it seemed to appear to everyone else. But something was off and San knew it. Once dinner was over and the Kim's had left, Somang's smile immediately dropped. A woman with long, platinum blonde hair came up to Woozi and kissed him on the lips. San didn't miss the sly and disgusted glance that woman shot at Somang.

Grabbing her purse, Somang nodded and pushed her chair back as she got up. "I'll be leaving now."

"Wait."

Somang and San looked at Woozi who gestured with his hand as he also got up. "I need to speak to you."

Somang followed Woozi into his study but before she got even close the door, skin made aggressive contact with skin. She had received a slap from Woozi.

"What is wrong with you? You can't even do such simple things?" Woozi burst out, his eyes wide with anger. "You can't even hold such a small act! You blatantly embarrassed me at dinner, keeping all quiet and not even eating. If you don't want me to make your life more rotten, then you need to change this attitude of yours. You have value in this world, Somang. You do nothing for me so why are you still here? Can't you just disappear? You'll be doing everyone a favour!"

Somang appeared as if she wasn't even there; with her eyes unfocused that didn't stop the tears from burning the edges. Somang nodded and turned to leave, San felt too stunned to even continue to follow her as felt himself burn in rage. He wasn't sure what had gone wrong but he made a note to himself that he will get to the bottom of this, one way or another.

Hello fellow Dragons
Don't be a silent reader
Show some love, vote and comment

Big shout out to my lovely
ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ

wineisredder for helping me with this story