Tension

"Jungwon?" asked Jake, with a gentle voice as he opened the bedroom door.

He couldn't see his roommate distinctly, as the latter was laying in bed, his whole body buried in his blanket.

"Hm" replied Jungwon, not even looking at his visitor.
"Don't you want to get up and do something today?" asked Jake, getting closer to him.
"Hm" repeated Jungwon, covering his head with the blanket.

"I brought you some food, please eat this time okay? Even if it's a little bit" said Jake, leaving a plate of food on Jungwon's desk and taking back the previous plate, still untouched.

~

"How is he?" asked Niki, worried.
"He hasn't moved from bed" answered Jake, with a sad voice. "Hasn't eaten anything either."
"Why doesn't he want to talk to us?" asked Sunoo. "Why got him down like that?"
"Do you think it might have something to do with the car accident?" asked Sunghoon.
"The doctors said that he was completely fine, and the bruise is almost gone" said Niki. "I don't think it's about the accident. If it was, he would talk about it, right?"

"He hasn't left his room for two weeks now" added Sunoo, concerned. "We have to do something."

"I'll try talking to him" said Heeseung.

The four roommates looked at him. He nodded with confidence and got up.

~

"Won?" he asked, knocking.

No answer.

"I'll let myself in" added Heeseung.

He opened the door and walked to Jungwon's chair. He sat and tried to determine where Jungwon's head was.
He slowly reached for the blanket and lifted it, revealing Jungwon's swollen eyes and messy hair.

"Hey" greeted Heeseung, with a soothing voice.

Jungwon just looked at him. His eyes were reddish on top of swollen.

"I know you don't want to talk" started Heeseung. "But saying that we all worry about you is the biggest understatement."
"Hm" said Jungwon, scratching his left eye.

"Is this about Jay?" suddenly asked Heeseung.

The mention of Jay's name was enough to make Jungwon react. A single tear formed in his eye and slowly rolled down his cheek.

"I heard you two the other day" said Jungwon, finally speaking after not hearing his voice for two weeks.

Heeseung straightened his back and frowned.

"What did you hear?" he asked.
"Jay doesn't want to be friends with me" said Jungwon.

Heeseung sighted.

"I'm just tired" added Jungwon. "I don't like having emotions."
"Won..." began Heeseung, but Jungwon interrupted him.
"Why Heeseung? Why does he have to make me believe he wants me in his life and a few hours later he doesn't even care if I exist anymore?" asked Jungwon. "What kind of cruelty is this?"

"That's not what-" tried Heeseung again.

"Look, I don't want you to make up an excuse, I don't want you to explain anything. I just want to wait in here until I feel less stupid" said Jungwon. "And until I find out how not to feel anything towards him anymore."

"You're not stupid" said Heeseung, not really knowing what else to say.

"You didn't even convince yourself with that" replied Jungwon. "I'm a fool that's all. You guys don't need to worry about me."

He waited a little bit and added "I want to sleep."

Heeseung looked at the food still on the plate.

"Please eat at least" he said, getting up and leaving.

~

"Look, your plan is stupid" said Heeseung. "He's beyond miserable."
"I know" replied Jay. "Don't you think I'm worried too?"
"Then do something!" said Heeseung quite angry.
"Hey" replied Jay. "Don't shout at me."

"No! I'll shout today" said Heeseung. "I agreed to keep your secret all these years, I sticked with you when you had no one. I'm your best friend and you're mine. That's why I can't let you do that."
He paused to get up of the seat.

"I can't watch Jungwon being in deep depression because of you" he added. "He hasn't left his room in two weeks and he has barely eaten."

"It's the only way he'll get over me and move on" replied Jay, trying to keep a stable voice. "I know it's hard, but it's for the best. You know very well how it ended last time. I can't let it happen to Jungwon."

"That's nonsense" replied Heeseung, shaking his head. "I'm begging you to reconsider this plan of yours Jay."
"I can't" said Jay, looking down.
"Only because you don't want to" replied Heeseung, placid.

This time, Jay was the one to stand up.

"Look Hee, don't you think my heart is broken into pieces? Don't you think I want to go over there, hug him and never let him go?" asked Jay out loud. "You know that I'm trying to protect Jungwon from myself. Why are you making it so difficult?"

Heeseung looked into Jay's eyes, a dead serious expression on his face.

"Because I think he's the only one who could save you from yourself" replied Heeseung, before dramatically leaving the bedroom.