Moonlight

Jungwon didn't know why, but he needed to kiss Jay. It could be because he had watched too many disney movies and he thought a kiss would magically wake Jay up.

However it didn't. Jungwon couldn't even enjoy his first kiss with Jay, because it felt like it would also be the last.
On the verge of breaking down, Jungwon felt his eyes filling with tears. Jay's chest had stopped moving completely.

Jungwon was about to give up and end his kiss, ready to just cry over Jay's body, when the latter opened his eyes. Jungwon leaned back as Jay took a deep breath.

"What happened?" asked Jay, feeling the most lost he had ever been.

Jungwon froze.

It was too much.

His brain had so much to process and understand. However, he didn't want to deal with that now. The only thing he needed to do was hugging Jay, which he did.

"I thought I had lost you forever" said Jungwon, crying tears of relieved anxiety.
Over Jungwon's shoulder, Jay observed his hands, which were back to normal.

"What time is it?" asked Jay.
"I don't know, midnight or something" said Jungwon, sobbing on Jay's shoulder.

"I am... free?" slowly said Jay, hugging Jungwon back.

The two men stayed like that for a while. They needed to be together without talking for a while. The hug relieved them of all the pain, the fear and anxiety they had just experienced.

"Don't ever scare me like that again" whispered Jungwon, still not moving.
"Is this a thread?" asked Jay, chuckling.
"It might be" said Jungwon, chuckling as well.
"I promise I won't" replied Jay.

They ended their hug, but Jungwon hand went from grabbing Jay's shoulder to cupping his cheek, as if he was scared to let him go.

"So... I might need more on this Beauty and the Beast" said Jungwon, smiling.
"Ugh" replied Jay. "Really?"

Jungwon sat more comfortably, waiting for the story.

"Okay, but just because this is you" said Jay, who couldn't possibly refuse anything to Jungwon's bobba eyes.

"As I told you, the sorcerer cursed me. He turned me into a werewolf" began Jay.
"But you didn't attack me!" said Jungwon, remembering all the werewolves he had seen in movies.
"Trust me, years and years of practice to know how to control myself. I wasn't like that at first. My anger towards the sorcerer was beyond words and he had killed the person I liked, so my only goal was to find him and getting my revenge" continued Jay.

Jungwon was captivated by the story. It was so crazy that he had to believe it. How would have Jay invented all of that? Plus he literally had seen Jay transforming back into his human form, so anything was possible.

"Did you find him?" asked Jungwon, fascinated.
"Unfortunately no, he ran away, but I went after him" said Jay. "After decades of hide and seek, he decided that it would be a good idea to humiliate me even more. So, he rewrote our story and spread it through Europe as a tale, in which the Prince would get a happy ending, unlike me. He was right, it made me insanely crazy. Some French author wrote the false story he had created, and not long ago they made it into a movie, in which I'm not even asian, but anyway-"

"Wait, Europe?" asked Jungwon.
"Yeah, I chased him until Europe why?" asked Jay, as if it was something normal.
"No, it's just-" added Jungwon, but Jay interrupted him.
"How do you think I learned French?" asked Jay, dropping Jungwon's jaw. "Anyway, by that time-"
"What time?" asked Jungwon, lost in the timeline.
"I'd say 18th century" replied Jay. "As I was saying, I was feeling pretty lonely because the few people I became close to had... disappeared. I decided to come back to Korea, and this is when I met Heeseung."

"Wait, our Heeseung?" asked Jungwon in shock.
"Of course" said Jay.
"So, wait, that's means he's at least... three hundred years old?" asked Jungwon, his eyes wide opened.
"Yeah" replied Jay, only noticing now that such age wasn't normal to anyone else.

"How old are you?" asked Jungwon, frowning.
"It's impolite to ask old people their age" said Jay laughing. "But if you must know I was born during the 16th century."

"You do look pretty handsome for an old man" teased Jungwon.
"I was cursed when I was twenty years old, and I haven't aged since, so prefer saying I'm 20, if you don't mind" replied Jay, smiling.

"So you met Heeseung. Is he a werewolf too? Wait, I hang up with him at night, he can't be a werewolf" said Jungwon, trying to figure it out.
"Have you noticed he's always playing video games at night?" asked Jay.

"The whole house knows" said Jungwon, before putting the pieces together. "Is he a vam-"
"He is" confirmed Jay.

"Things are getting clearer" mumbled Jungwon. "But also weirder."

Jay nodded, and took Jungwon's hands in his.

"He was the only one to know about me, and I the only one knowing about him" continued Jay. "We've been best friends for so long now. We've had many adventures coming back to Korea. And actually some others in Korea too."

He paused a little bit to think.

"When you first came in here, he noticed how I felt about you and wanted me to give us a chance. Which I obviously refused" continued Jay.

"That's what was going on between you guys! You fought so much during the first semester" said Jungwon.
"It is" said Jay. "Then after the car accident-"

Suddenly, it hit Jungwon.

"I thought I had dreamed about it" he slowly said. "But now I remember. You and Heeseung argued in my hospital room."

Jay looked shocked.

"We thought you were sleeping" he simply said, frowning. "Anyway, I didn't want you to get hurt more, and I knew I could not protect you all the time, so-"

"Wait" interrupted Jungwon. "What do you mean protect me all the time?"
"You don't remember?" asked Jay. "I saw the green car coming and I threw myself at you to protect you. I knew I wouldn't get hurt, but you would have had bigger problems if I hadn't put myself in between you and the car. Sadly I wasn't fast enough to protect you completely. You had a big bruise."

"Wow" whispered Jungwon.

They stayed in silence a few minutes, Jungwon trying to process the information and Jay admiring him.

"What happened before I woke up though?" asked Jay.
"Oh" said Jungwon. "Well, I said I... love you, and you literally collapsed. Suddenly your fur started disappearing, but your heart also stopped beating."
"Wow" said Jay. "Did you give me cpr? Cause you were very close to me when I woke up."

"In fact I just kissed you" explained Jungwon. "When I thought you had left me definitely, you breathed again."

Jay nodded, trying to gather his thoughts.

"I think your confession broke the curse" said Jay. "That's why the sorcerer cursed the people I loved too, and not only me. He didn't want anyone breaking the curse."

"Does this mean we can be together?" asked Jungwon, full of hope.

"You know, I spent decades only having one true companion. Of course, Heeseung was there for the most of it, but not in the same way" said Jay. "The moon is the only one I told everything to and I always found comfort in admiring the moonlight."

Jungwon was overwhelmed. He gently squeezed Jay's hands, inviting him to go on.

"But now I have found someone else. Yang Jungwon, you are my moonlight" said Jay, before giving his lifeline his first real kiss.

The End.

P.S. thank you yall for calling Jay a furry when all i wanted was to rewrite the Beauty and the Beast Jaywon style 😭😂