Collision

"I'd love to spend the afternoon with you" replied Jungwon, overwhelmed.

"Awesome" said Jay. "Do you want to go outside? We could just stay here otherwise."
"Humm.. well, you choose, I'm up for everything" answered Jungwon.

It was true, just being next to Jay was the best feeling ever. Jungwon didn't mind what they would be doing, as long as they were together.

"Should we go to the mall?" asked Jay.
"Sure" answered Jungwon.

~

The taxi left them at the main entrance of the mall. Jungwon had been there a couple times only, so he didn't know the place very well.

"Is there a store you want to go first?" asked Jungwon, so that Jay wouldn't ask him.
"Let me show you" said Jay.

Jay guided Jungwon into his four favorite clothes store. Jungwon liked fashion, but it wasn't something he cared as much as Jay did.

I've never seen Jay like that. He seems like a different person. He looks so happy showing me this shirt or those pants.

Jungwon was amazed by Jay's happiness. He was like a little child in a candy store. In fact, it was the first time Jungwon spent time with Jay alone. It was also the first time Jay had showed himself in a genuine and natural way.

"So which one do you prefer?" asked Jay, showing him two jackets. One was black, while the other was brown.
"You'd look beautiful in both" replied Jungwon right away.
Jay opened his eyes widely, not sure to have heard right.

"I mean, both options are good" added Jungwon, not making his case any better.

Jay looked back at the jackets, unsure.

"I think I'll take the black one, I already have a brown jacket at home" he explained.
"Really?" asked Jungwon. "I don't think I ever saw it."
"That's because I have to much clothes" said Jay laughing. "But I'll show you."

Jungwon felt his cheeks blushing and turned around to hide it.

"Does it mean I'll finally get to visit your bedroom?" asked Jungwon, risking it.

Jay froze. He looked into Jungwon's eyes, as if making this decision was the most important thing he'd do that day.

"I think that would be okay" he said, still hesitant.
"If you don't want to, it's okay" replied Jungwon, who hadn't anticipated the serious turn things took.
"No, no, I want to" replied Jay.

Jay's face became suddenly serious. He put the black jacket where it was displayed and made a head sign for them to get out of the store.

Jungwon followed Jay, intrigued. They stopped and sat down on the first bench Jay had spotted.

"Are you okay?" asked Jungwon. 
"Look, I know I haven't been the best roommate to you" said Jay.

Wait, why is he bringing that up now?

"Thing is, I have had.... Bad experiences in the past and I usually don't trust people easily" continued Jay.
"You don't owe me any apology" said Jungwon, even though his heart had melted completely.

Jay looked at Jungwon.
"Maybe I don't owe you an apology, but I do want us to be friends" he said, smiling.
"I'd love that to" replied Jungwon, smiling back.

However, a question was burning the young man inside. What had happened to Jay for him to become so secretive and unfriendly at first?

"Want some ice cream to celebrate that?" asked Jungwon.
"Only if you promise not to take mint choco" replied Jay.
"Don't worry about that" replied Jungwon laughing.

They got up and walked to the ice cream parlor. The rest of the afternoon passed by fast.
They had looked for the ugliest piece of clothes they could, drank milk tea and finally they had decided to stop at a karaoke.

Turns out Jay should have come to sing with them at the beginning of the semester. Jungwon was mesmerized by his voice as he sang his favorite One Ok Rock song, and all the other songs he chose. Not only was he comfortable singing in Korean, but he also sang in English and in Japanese.

"How do you know so many languages?" asked Jungwon, impressed.
"I've travelled a lot" said Jay. "It's been a while though."
"Really?" replied Jungwon, but the next song began and he didn't have time to ask any further.

~

"Okay, we're definitely doing that more often" said Jungwon once their hour was over. "You sing so well!"
"You must be mistaken me for you" answered Jay, who hadn't stopped looking at Jungwon the whole time.

Jungwon's phone rang in his pocket.

"Oh, it's Niki" he said, looking at the screen. "Just a sec Jay."

Jay nodded as Jungwon accepted the call.

"Hey Niki" he said.
"Where are you?" asked Niki. "The house is empty."
"I'm at the mall with Jay" explained Jungwon.

Niki didn't answer right away.

"With JAY?" he shouted. "Did we somehow change dimensions?"
"I'll explain later" said Jungwon, trying to hide his excitement. "We'll be home soon."
"Okay, see you then" answered Niki, before hanging up.

"Should we head home then?" asked Jay, visibly disappointed.
"I think so" said Jungwon.

He also felt sad their afternoon was coming to an end. After a whole semester of wanting to get closer to Jay, Jungwon had finally spent time alone with him. He didn't want it to end so soon.

"Tomorrow someone has to buy groceries for the house, maybe we could go together?" asked Jungwon.
"Sure" said Jay, trying to sound casual.

However Jungwon caught the slight smile on Jay's lips.

~

Jay was sitting behind the taxi driver, while Jungwon sat next to him. They were talking about Niki when time seemed to slow down.

Jay was looking at Jungwon, so he saw the green car across the street coming towards them way to fast.

He saw the driver of the green car losing control over it, however before he could tell their diver, it was too late.

Jay just saw the window exploding right next to Jungwon as the two cars collided.