Chapter 13

Previously

"The top 42 will advance to the next round, but don't be too let down if you did not make the cut. We have prepared other opportunities for you to shine. Now, the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight. Give it your best. Let's see what we have in store for you next." Midnight starts as we wait for the next game to be revealed. The screen from before shows up again. I look up to the screen.

Cavalry Battles.

That means we will be forming teams.

"Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two to four people as they see fit. In theory, it is basically the same as a regular game. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results of the obstacle course." Midnight says. This could be bad. UA has been known to throw curve balls especially at the sports festival. They are most likely going to find a way to make the people at the top suffer. I look towards Izuku. He got first so he will be in the most trouble. I'm worried he may be targeted. Since this is a team battle, maybe we can be a the same team. That way, I could help him without him knowing. I continue to stare at him. The main reason I decided to participate in the festival was to mainly have fun and enjoy myself, but part of it was to see how Izuku would do and his skills. So far, he has done an amazing job.

"Now, the point assignments go up by increments of five starting from the bottom. For example, 42nd place is worth five points 41st is worth ten. And, the point value assigned to the first place contestant is TEN MILLION!" Midnight says. I sigh. I knew it would be a challenge for the person in first place, but ten million? Everyone is definitely going to be targeting now. I look towards Izuku. Every is looking at him with predatory eyes. Well, this just got more interesting. UA really is chalked full of surprises.

Present 

Lily POV

I look back towards Midnight as she explains the rules to us "FIRST YEARS!!! THESE ARE THE RULES YOU WILL ABIDE BY. THE GAME ITSELF WILL LAST FIFTEEN MINUTES!! INDIVIDUAL POINT VALUES WILL BE ADDED TOGETHER TO CREATE YOUR TEAM TOTAL. EVERYONE WILL KNOW HOW MUCH YOU ARE WORTH THANKS TO YOUR HEADBANDS!!! SWIPE AS MANY HEADBANDS AS YOU CAN TO RAISE YOUR TEAM'S SCORE!!!! STOLEN HEADBANDS MUST BE WORN FROM THE NECK UP!!! SO, THE MORE YOU STEAL, THE MORE IT WILL BE TO MANAGE THEM!!! AND ANOTHER THING, YOU CAN KEEP PLAYING UNTIL TIME IS UP!!!" Midnight says.

"THIS IS GOING TO BE ROUGH!!! YOU MAY USE YOUR QUIRKS AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE, BUT THERE ARE STILL RULES!!!! MAKE A TEAM FALL ON PURPOSE AND I WILL SLAP YOU WITH A RED CARD. YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!!!" 

As Midnight finishes the explanation for the cavalry, a timer for fifteen minutes appears on the screen. 

"NOW, YOU HAVE FIFTEEN MINUTES TO BUILD YOUR TEAMS!!!! I RECOMMEND YOU GET STARTED!!!" Midnight finishes as the timer starts to count down.

I look around. Everyone is already trying to build teams. I already know who I want to team with. I just have to find him. I look around and notice Bakugo surrounded by people wanting to be on his team.

"You should team with me" Sato says

"No, you definitely want me by your side." Mina says

"Not to beg, but please..." Aoyama asks.

"Wait. Remind me what your quirks are and your names." Bakugo says as I continue to search for Izuku. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! 

I walk around as I notice a hoard of students coming toward me. 

"Hey! Girl in second place!" One says

"Be on my team!" Another says. Crap. They're closing in on me.