Physical Evidence Discovered

Start from the beginning

   " You may rest if you would like. I plan to wait on Light, for a little while longer. Usually, I would tell you to go home and rest, but. . .you make me feel calm and. . .needed, so I would prefer you to stay here with me. "

   " I won't go anywhere if you wake me up when Light's approaching or getting close. How does that sound? "

   " FIne by me. "

   " Thank you again, Ryuzaki. You're always looking out for me, and helping me. "

You fell asleep against Ryuzaki, feeling warm and relaxed. Ryuzaki looked down at you from his book and continued to hide his smile.

   " Thank you for caring about me, and becoming someone important in my life. When the investigation is over, I promise to stay in contact if possible. If it isn't possible, I will make it possible. I can't let someone like you go, you're special to me. I am not used to feelings yet, and I may not understand them, but I'm learning. "

You rested against Ryuzaki until Light started to approach with Takeda by his side. Ryuzaki called Light over, and he nudged you a little. You opened your eyes and sat up on the bench, and rubbed your eyes. You spotted Light walking towards you and Ryuzaki. You sat up straighter and held your notebook in your lap. 

   " I hope she's not upset. " Ryuzaki said with Light standing in front of you two.

   ' Who? ' You questioned in your head.

   " Never mind that. Is it okay to be here? Didn't you say you were afraid to appear in public? " Light asked.

   " Yeah, I did. But then I realized that as long as you're not Kira, I should be safe. The fact is, you, along with Y/n, are the only ones on the outside who know me as L. In the unlikely event that I die in the next few days, I've instructed your father and everyone at headquarters, to assume that you are Kira. Besides, you told me yourself that you missed having me around at school.  So I figured, why not come back for a little change of pace? As long as it doesn't kill me, college is a lot of fun. And I got to see Y/n sooner rather than later today, so It's been great being back. "

   " I have to admit, without you around, intelligent conversation is hard to come by. "

   " Hm, I see. Luckily, Kiyomi's there to fill th void, along with Y/n. I'm sure they provide you with intelligent conversation. "

   " Well, something like that. Y/n isn't much for intelligent conversations anymore. "

   " Anymore? " You asked, raising an eyebrow.

   " Most of these days when I see you, you're working on stuff for school, or you're working on your personal notes for the case. That or you're asleep. I don't get to see you or talk to you until we're meeting with the rest of the task force. "

   " I'm tired. As you could've seen I was sleeping not that long ago. I'm starting to reach my limit, and my body is demanding for some normalcy. "

   " Well, we just haven't had any time outside of the investigation together. "

   ' Because I've realized that you're Kira, and I don't want to talk to you, because I'm afraid I'm gonna slap you. '

   " Hey, do you two want to have some cake with me in the cafeteria? " Ryuzkai asked, standing up from the bench and slipping his shoes on.

   " Sure. I have a break now anyway. "

   " Why not? " You said, standing up and walking with the two.

   " Um, that's perfect. I'm kinda craving shortcake right now. "

   " Well, let's hope they have it. " Light said.