"Mummy, is that guy Santa?" A young boy had said as he held his mother's hand at the crosswalk, blinking up at her through the snow.

Harry huffed a laugh, knowing the boy was referring to him. "It's my friend's birthday today." He replied, smiling. The boy's mom nodded in his direction.

The boy gasped. "Like Jesus?"

Harry laughed again. "Two Christmas miracles," he whispered.

The sound of the doorbell had him standing up straight. He fixed the black beanie on his head, smiling as the door opened.

It was immediately shut in his face.

"Zayn-"

"No."

The door opened again and Lottie looked up at him. She sighed, allowing him to enter. "Lou-!" She began, but didn't need to continue, the sound of two feet pitter-pattering through the house was quickly noticed.

"'Azzie!" Louis squealed, launching himself at the older.

Harry gasped, quickly dropping the bag to catch the small boy. The plastic enclosure landed on the floor with a crumble, and a stuffed cat slid across the floor. "Hi, Lou." He whispered, fixing Louis' position in his arms so he could hold him properly.

"I was born ta-day, 'Azzie!" Louis spoke quickly, wiggling around. "Say happy!"

Harry laughed, placing the boy on the ground. "Happy birthday, blue."

Louis clapped, grinning. "Yay!" He quickly became distracted by the stuffed toy on the ground, and ran off to show "pa", leaving Harry in the hallway with Lottie and Zayn.

Zayn huffed, rolling his eyes. "Asshole," he mumbled, following Louis into the kitchen.

Harry's attention turned to Lottie, who looked at him with sad eyes. She shook her head. "Don't make another promise," she whispered before leaving Harry alone with his thoughts.

Harry took a deep breath, rubbing his hands across his face. "Fuck," he said to himself.

Once Harry entered the kitchen, Louis was all over him, insisting they play together in the living room.

Mark looked up from frosting Louis' birthday cake and smiled, waving at the teen. "Good to see you, Harry! Louis is so happy you could make it. Lottie is always talking about how Lou calls you all the time, he's very lucky to have you, and I just know Troy thinks the same."

Harry blinked, glancing over at Lottie who looked at him with a neutral expression. It appears as if she didn't want a repeat of how Troy reacted after Harry hurt Louis.

"Thank you, sir," Harry replied, putting on a smile. He just knows that Troy wishes he could smack him across the face. "I'm very lucky to have him as my best friend."

"Now, 'Azzie!" Louis groaned from the floor.

After playtime, the five had dinner, which was actually just cake, per Louis' request... or large temper tantrum.

Harry sat next to Louis, smiling down at the boy as he dragged his finger through the pink icing, doing his best to ignore the hole being burned into his head.

After their cake-filled dinner, Louis insisted on going outside to play in the snow. Mark agreed and went upstairs to fetch Louis' snow clothes while Lottie, Harry, and Zayn cleaned up in the kitchen, very few words exchanged in the trio. Tension stood in the air, thick and cloudy, and the sun only came out from behind the clouds when Louis entered the room.

After Louis was properly dressed, the group moved outside, watching as Louis quickly took off into the piles of white.

Mark and Lottie excused themselves to get Louis' final birthday present, telling the excited boy that it was a surprise. Louis was more than happy for this incoming surprise and began to build a small snowman in their backyard to pass the time.