24 • Stupid Gummies

Start from the beginning

"Pfft, now you're just being harsh on yourself."

"Nonetheless." Minjeong chuckled, "It had to be her."

"Why exactly?"

"Because I need to tell her something," the shorter quoted the word need with her fingers.

Doyoung rolled his chair back behind his desk, "The two of you must've really not known anything much about each other, huh? Must be hard."

Minjeong could only shrug and lay on the couch once again, "You don't need to know much to understand each other, I think that applied for the both of us."

Doyoung wiped his fake tears, "I've never seen you this lovesick since your high school days."

"I'm not lovesick!"

"You don't know that, you have alexithymia."

Minjeong glared, "Beyond the edge of the universe and its every living microorganisms, I hate you." she turned her and closed her eyes. "I'm going to take a nap, mornight!"

"Wait, don't nap just yet."

Halted by her brother, Minjeong sat up from the couch and fixed her gaze on the older, watching him take out a particular something from the shelf of his desk.

The girl squinted her eyes at the object as her brother threw it onto the space next to her, "What's this?" she questioned while examining the object, noticing how it had a lock beside it.

"A journal, I noticed how you weren't writing anymore... So I thought of buying you one, the key is taped on front."

Minjeong smiled at the gift, "Thanks, I don't really need one anymore but since it came from you— I'll use it well." she placed the journal on the coffee table in front of her.

Promptly, the two siblings continued with their business as pure silence gradually plagued the room. Doyoung with his papers, and Minjeong with her afternoon nap.

———————————————

Fast forward.

Minjeong's nap ended up a deep sleep and woke up at 8 p.m, the girl couldn't help but growl at the situation whilst giving herself a light smack on the head for not setting an alarm.

Her brother who was surprisingly still stuck onto his chair working bursts out in laughter and found the occurrence hilarious.

Annoyed by this fact and with the thought of her stacked homework back home, Minjeong quickly grabbed her things and a few snacks from her brother's snack corner and left the room after giving the older a soft slap on the cheek as a farewell.

Fixing her bag's strap around her shoulder, the girl took a breather in behind the building's back exit and opened the gummy snack she took. Taking in a few pieces into her mouth, she raised a brow when realizing how foreign and bitter it tasted.

The moment she checked the packaging, she saw how the gummies had a high alcohol content in them... as what was said on the packaging. Though Minjeong shook it off with the thought of it being not that effective and continued to eat them until the very last bit.

Which apparently led to her literal downfall.

Seated on the stairs near their building's exit, Minjeong had her back laid against the wall drowsily.

Fortunately, the girl was still sane and could still grasp whatever was in front of her. She groaned in pain while thinking how frustrating it was for her to be so goddamn weak to alcohol, even if just for a tiny amount.