"And then we're going to renew it", Michael said and rolled his eyes. "This is the real world. Wake up."

Liam walked in, holding up two plastic bags. "Hello everyone", he said happily, not sensing the tension at all. "Oh, hey Louis, Harry... Wait-"

Michael sighed. "Just... David, go brief them about everything. I have to make a call."

"Say hi to Simon from us!", Louis told him over his shoulder as Harry already pulled him to the back of the club, following the other guys.

"We can't fire him, right?", he asked as soon as Michael was out of earshot.

Harry laughed. "Sadly, no. But it's whatever. We have each other now."

"You always had me", Louis said, and Harry smiled before he pulled him in for a short, sweet kiss. Louis closed his eyes and grabbed the fabric of Harry's shirt, deepening the kiss because he longed for Harry.

They were interrupted because of a flashlight. Louis pulled away from Harry, blinking confused. Niall was holding up his phone and grinning like a maniac.

"Smile!", he ordered before he snapped another picture and began cackling. "For the scrapbook. Now continue and act like I was never here." He disappeared, but not before holding up two thumbs and mouthing: "Happy for you."

Harry chuckled and rested his forehead against Louis'. He leaned in for a quick kiss, but Louis grabbed his neck, eager to continue from where they left off. He gave Harry's hip a last squeeze before he leaned back, took his hand and lead them to the stage where the other boys where already warming up their voices.

A couple of hours and a McDonalds lunch later, the club started filling with people. Michael gave them the sign and the boys stepped on stage. Everyone started cheering and Louis grinned as he adjusted his microphone. The intro song to You & I started playing and Louis took a deep breath as he waited for his part.

When Harry started singing the refrain, he looked over at Louis and a wide smile spread across his face. Some people cheered but Louis couldn't stop staring at Harry as he sang. The way he looked at him made Louis' heart beat faster and he wanted nothing more than to embrace Harry in a big hug. He was about to take a step forwards when he spotted Michael in the corner of his eye, talking to Simon. Right. There was still that.

After the performance, the boys gathered backstage and exchanged big hugs. Louis quickly hugged Niall before he went up to Harry and wrapped his arms tightly around him. Harry rested his head on top of Louis' and pressed a small kiss to his temple.

"Your voice is so beautiful", Louis muttered.

"You look so beautiful."

Louis lifted his head and grinned. "A real charmer, aren't we?"

"I'm serious", Harry said but couldn't help a little smile. He gave Louis a last squeeze before he dropped his arms and turned around to the other boys.

"That was great, guys", Michael said as he entered the room and clapped his hands. "Niall, we need to work on your stage presence. Liam, David asked me to remind you to do your breathing exercises. And Louis..." He paused and watched Louis quietly. "I... We need to discuss something with you in private", he said eventually. "Now off you go to your hotels. Louis, stay here for a minute, yeah?"

As everyone started collecting their belongings, Harry grabbed Louis' arm. "Lou, I don't like this", he said quietly.

"What do you mean?"

He tilted his head to the side. "I have a major déjà-vu. That's exactly how it was before you flew to L.A."

"Harry." Louis turned completely to him and wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him close. "Trust me, I'm not going anywhere. Where should I even go if you're here?"

Harry lifted his hand to Louis' cheek. "I'm just... worried."

"Don't be", Louis said and smiled. "I promise, it'll be fine. They can't do anything, they have everything they want from me already."

Harry took a deep breath and eventually returned Louis' smile before he lowered his head and pressed a gentle, short kiss to his lips. Louis grabbed his neck and tried to push him closer, but Harry only chuckled lightly against his mouth and pulled away.

"Louis!", Michael called, and Louis rolled his eyes.

"I'll see you in a minute, yeah?", Louis asked.

"See you in a minute."

Harry smiled at him one last time before he left the room with the other boys and Michael and Simon gestured Louis to go through a different door, also leading out of the club.

If Louis only knew how right Harry was.