chapter 6

They had fallen asleep in each other's arms that night after a lot of cuddling and kissing. It was overwhelming to Louis how good it felt to lie in bed next to Harry and listen to his breathing. His arm was wrapped around Harry and he nuzzled in the back of his neck. This was what home felt like to Louis.

There was sunlight shining through the windows when Louis finally woke up. As his eyes adjusted to the light, he noticed the boy lying next to him. He smiled as he brushed some of the curls out of Harry's face and pressed a kiss to his temple. Harry's eyes flickered open and he looked up at Louis with sleepy eyes. A smile spread across his lips as he stared back at Louis.

"Hey", he said, his voice still raspy.

"Hey", Louis replied, completely endeared by the way Harry was rubbing at his eyes like a little kid. "Slept well?"

"Very. You?"

Louis' smile widened. "Very." He let his fingers run over Harry's arm and Harry followed the movement with his eyes, closely observing how Louis stroke over his skin.

"Let's stay here all day", Louis suggested, only half joking.

Harry laughed and Louis' heart jumped. "Lottie would never let us."

"Speaking of, she'll freak out when she realizes I spent the night here with you."

"Well, today is going to be fun then."

Louis tilted his head to the side as the stroke over Harry's jawline. "You know we have that thing with the boys, right?"

Harry groaned and closed his eyes. "Let's call in sick."

"We can't do that", Louis said and chuckled.

"We can do anything we want. We're free."

Louis looked away from Harry, his heart feeling heavy. "Not quite", he whispered.

Harry noticed how his mood shifted and sat up. He stretched out his arm to gently turn Louis' head towards him again. He stroke over his cheek as he looked him straight in the eyes.

"Hey, it's alright", he said quietly. "We have each other now, yeah? We found our way back to each other and that all that matters right now. Who gives a fuck about everyone else?"

Louis smiled at him. "Yeah, you're right."

They got out of bed 20 minutes later and when they came downstairs it was already 1pm. Louis' mom was in the kitchen, making lunch and humming a song.

"Hi darlings", she greeted them with a knowing smile. Louis chose to ignore it and pressed a quick kiss to her cheek before he grabbed two bottles of orange juice out of the fridge and gave one to Harry.

"When do you have to leave for your performance?", Jay asked and began cutting some tomatoes.

"In about two hours", Harry replied and opened his bottle.

"Are you coming back for dinner? Or tomorrow morning?"

Harry shot Louis a look. "Tomorrow morning", Louis said, and Harry grinned to himself as he took another sip of orange juice.

"Okay then." She gave Louis another look before she focused her attention back on the vegetables in front of her.

Harry and Louis had some breakfast before they packed up their things and said good-bye to everyone. They would return the following day for the birthday of Louis' mom.

"How did you get here, by the way?", Louis asked as he walked up to his car.

"Liam drove me because my car is broken, and he had nothing else to do", Harry said and shrugged. "I told him he didn't have to pick me up today since I thought I could go with... you?"