He made it sound like a question, but Louis nodded quickly and smiled. "Of course you can. But I'm picking the music."

After a two hour ride, they arrived at the club where they'd have their performance in. Louis parked the car, and they entered the club together. Zayn was standing at the bar, looking down at his phone and Louis pulled Harry with him as they approached him.

"Hey", Louis said, and Zayn looked up.

"Hey, you... two?", Zayn replied, and his gaze flickered between the two of them before he smirked to himself. "How was the birthday party, hm?"

"Very nice", Harry said and leaned a bit into Louis' direction, who immediately wrapped his arm around Harry's waist.

Zayn's smirk widened and he was about to say something, when Niall joined them with a loud cheer. "Good day, amigos!", he exclaimed happily and stopped dead in his tracks when his eyes flickered down to Louis' arm around Harry's waist. "Fucking finally." He sighed heavily. "About time."

Louis smiled to himself. "So what's the plan for tonight?"

"Michael will be here soon", Zayn said and checked his phone again. "Suzie sent us the track list but she's stuck in traffic so we can't go through it yet."

"Where's Liam?"

"Buying some snacks", Niall replied and fell down on a couch. "It's way too overpriced here so we're starting a secret business."

"We're literally millionaires", Louis said and raised his eyebrows. "One would think we could manage to pay a bit more for some nachos."

"Whatever." Niall sighed happily and closed his eyes. Just in that moment, the doors to the club opened again and a group of guys stepped inside. The brown-haired-one in the middle, Michael, came up to them immediately, a clipboard in his hand.

"Alright lads, let's get to work", he said and tapped a pen against his chin. "Where's Liam? We'll begin warming up in a few minutes, so he'll better be there then. Louis, you have to-" He stopped when he saw Louis and Harry standing side by side. "...What the fuck is this?"

"Well, my name's Louis and this is Harry-"

"That's not what I mean, and you know it." He gave Louis a furious look. "What are you doing? We've talked about this and I thought we came to an agreement, two years ago."

"Yeah, well I came to the conclusion that I don't give a fuck", Louis said and tightened his grip around Harry's waist. Michael noticed and stared at Louis' hand.

Then he gave a loud sigh and turned around to his assistant. "Jessica, get the L.A. contract from two years ago out. I need Louis to read it again."

"I know what stands in there, remember how you made me sign it?", Louis asked, anger building up inside of him. Anger from two years of not being with Harry, the boy he loved, because people made him believe that was what was best. Anger from being controlled ever since he got put in a band, wanting nothing other than to sing and just live.

"Louis, please, be reasonable", Michael said and sighed again. "Legally, you can't even be in an official relationship. You agreed to stunts and pap pics with other people."

"Okay. What's your point?"

"Also", Harry joined the conversation, a frown on his face. "You're an asshole for making Louis sign that stupid thing. Just... wanted to say that." He looked over at Louis, who was watching him with a fond smile. "What?", he asked. "Continue."

Louis shook his head, the smile still on his face. "We may not be allowed to be open about it, but you can't forbid it. And the contract runs out in two years-"