"You can count on me!"

And with her Freya's eyes glowing as vibrant as they did, there was no reason to believe otherwise.

~*~

"Laaadies and gentlemen! It's time for the showdown you've all been waiting for: the grand final of the Masked Martial Arts tournament!" The announcer spoke, earning applause at the words. The built up anticipation filled the arena, and it felt nearly tangible to the Luminary as anxious excitement swirled in the pit of her stomach. "That's right! Just two teams remain...In-Vince-Ibles, if you please!"

Taking the cue, Freya and Vince walked out from the tunnel and into the light. The Luminary took the chance to glance around the stands and was amazed by the exuberant crowd. Every single bystander was on their feet, screaming and cheering until their voices turned hoarse.

As she scanned the crowds, Freya's eyes settled on her group of friends, all standing and shouting their support in their own ways. Smiling lightly, she raised a hand to wave at them, causing the audience to roar in applause by the display. However, her gaze remained on her companions with a confident look in her eyes.

From afar, their grins grew wider at the gleam in her hues and they couldn't push down their growing glee at the sight. They took one glance at each other before cupping their hands and yelling out her name in encouragement.

"They're hot favourites, folks, but will our hometown hero be able to retain his crown?" The announcer asked, gaining Freya's attention again. Craning to look at the man, she watched him chuckle lightly at the enthusiastic onlookers with a cheeky grin. "Or will surprise newcomers Rab and Jade snatch glory from the reigning champ? Will the Princess and the Pudding please take to the stage!"

With a wave of his hand, he gestured to the other side of the arena, motioning with his fingers for the other duo to walk forth. Slowly, the young woman and older man strolled from the dark tunnel and into the light. At the sight of the team, the cheers grew in intensity as the pair settled across from Freya and Vince with neutral expressions on their faces.

"Yes, it's the girl who moves like lightning, and the old guy who doesn't move at all!" The man bellowed while his gaze darted between the two teams in front of him. There was denying his own bubbling excitement and one could see that the announcer himself was itching to see how the fight would play out. "Will they be making history here today? It's time to find out!"

"Something about these two gives me the willies...but we got this," Vince hummed as he turned his head to send his partner a comforting grin. She returned it with her own smile and watched Vince fish into his pockets, returning his attention to the pair across from them. "Time for a little good-luck boost..."

Freya eyed the familiar vial that came from the fighter's pocket. Just like before, Vince pulled the stopper from the vial and greedily gulped down the foreign liquid. Once every single drop was consumed, the man dropped the vial and let out a yell, pumping his fist in the air. Whatever was in that liquid surely made the fighter more lively based on the growing energy he radiated.