[Chapter 14]

"Ah, you came! Thank you,"

Prince Faris's voice echoed in the spacious and well decorated room as the party walked into his chambers. Closing the door behind them, Freya smiled widely as she bowed her head in greeting, her companions mimicking her movements. She slowly stood up straight and took a few steps forward with her friends at her heels. She began to speak, delight seeping into her voice.

"Thank you for hearing us out, Your Highness. I'd like to discuss the branch, if you don't mind. It's rather important—," The girl trailed off and confusion took hold of her tone. While she was speaking, the boy had come to circle around her, humming and mumbling to himself as his eyes raked over her body. His hands reached out to poke and prod at her form, causing her to stiffen in shock. "Um...What are you doing?"

For a moment, the prince didn't answer. Freya took the chance to turn her head behind her, eyes landing on her friends. They all held varying expressions as they stared at the sight in front of them. Serena looked downright confused as her thin eyebrows furrowed together while her lips pursed into a frown. Veronica's nose had scrunched up, and she looked rather off put by the boy's actions as told by the wariness swimming in her hues. Erik's eyes had thinned into a harsh glare and Freya could see his jaw clenched tightly from her spot as his eyes gleamed with a swirl of something she couldn't pinpoint. But before she could utter a word, she felt a hand grasp onto her chin and direct her face towards the front.

"Yes, yes...Your height and physique are perfect!" Prince Faris exclaimed, leaning in as his eyes scrutinized her face. From behind her, Freya could hear incessant shuffling and hushed, irritated voices from Erik and Veronica while Serena's quiet voice did her best to soothe whatever was happening behind the Luminary. However, her focus was on the boy that quickly released his grip on her and leaned back with a hopeful grin. "And you have the face of...one who knows horses..."

"Yes...? I have, in fact, ridden a horse if that is what you meant...?" Freya replied, slowly and unsure. However, it seemed that it was the answer Prince Faris was looking for, based on the growing smile appearing on his face. He let out a cheer, and Freya felt even more confused by the second. "D-Do you mind explaining what's going on, Your Highness?"

Pausing in his celebration, the boy coughed into his fist, clearing his throat. He turned his body, letting his back face the group. At that moment, the teen felt someone grab hold of her shoulder and settle beside her. When she looked, her eyes drank in the sight of the blue haired thief, who wore a scowl on his face as he continued glaring at the prince. Freya blink owlishly as she felt Serena and Veronica stand on her other side. The tall blonde was holding back giggles while the shorter blonde held an amused smirk. Freya didn't get the chance to question her friends as Prince Faris began to speak.

"You should be aware that the branch you seek is a priceless royal treasure. My father is unlikely to give it away freely to some...wandering stranger," As the words hung in the air, the reality seemed to sink in and each party member instantly became alert. The entire group's expression turned grim and they all exchanged cautious glances. The hopeless feeling didn't stay for long as Prince Faris peered over his shoulder with a twinkle in his eye. "However, he might be persuaded to part with it if the request came from his beloved son,"

"If you could talk to the Sultan for us, we'd be truly grateful for it," Freya said, a wide grin tugging at her lips. She gave a quick bow to her head as the prince spun on his heels, facing the group with a smug countenance. "We'd be in your debt, Your Highness,"