Chapter 8

I sat in the chair next to the bookshelf, reading some of the spells from one of the grimoires that Jonas had collected over the years. I heard staggered footsteps, but thought nothing of them until the front door opened, revealing Elijah with a giant bloodstain on his shirt. "Elijah! What the hell happened?" I asked as I got up and went over to him.

He turned towards Jonas, "I need you to find Elena. Now."

"Tell me what happened, Elijah," I demanded.

"They daggered me." I growled, my anger rising.

***

Elijah and I walked up to the lake house that Jonas had said was where Elena was. We got closer to the house and Elijah stopped, bending down to pick up a handful of rocks. He moved them around in his hand before chucking them at the door to the house, breaking it down. "You know, we might not be able to enter this house, but I'm a very patient man. And Elizabeth enjoys destroying things. I'll wait you out while she tears this house down." Elena came around a corner, moving slowly towards the front door.

"They shouldn't have done what they did," she said with a small shake of her head.

"The deal is off," I told her.

"I'm renegotiating," she retaliated.

"You have nothing left to negotiate with." She pulled a knife out from underneath her arm and I rolled my eyes.

"I'd like to see you lure Klaus into Mystic Falls after the doppelganger bleeds to death."

"Stefan won't let you die," Elijah interjected.

"No, he won't. He'll feed me his blood to heal me, and then I'll kill myself and become a vampire, just like Katherine did." I looked over at Elijah, worried. "So unless you want that to happen again, promise me the same as before. Promise me you won't harm anyone that I love. Even if they've harmed you."

"I'm sorry, Elena," Elijah finally spoke after a few seconds of silence. "I'm going to have to call your bluff." Elena turned the knife over in her hand, so that the blade was pointed towards her stomach. My eyes grew wide and I placed a hand on Elijah's arm.

"Elijah," I whispered. Taking a deep breath, she plunged the knife into her stomach and I rushed forward, only to be stopped by the barrier at the front door. I couldn't get in without being invited first.

"Yes. Yes, you can have your deal. Let me heal you," Elijah pleaded.

"Give me your word!" Elena gasped, clutching her bleeding stomach.

"I give you my word." Elena stumbled out the front door, grabbing onto Elijah. He gasped, turning gray as she stuck the dagger into him.

"Elijah, no!" I moved towards Elena, but two hands grabbed my head, twisting it to the side as everything went black.

Sorry this chapter is so short!

Started writing Book 3 yesterday! I've got a bit of writer's block, but I'll get my inspiration back and it'll get done. Once I get more than halfway done with the new book, I'll start posting more often.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.