Chapter 5

"What is this stuff?" Elena asked.

"Your mom's stuff from the historical society. I got roped into helping Mrs. Lockwood. And by roped, I mean very excited to participate," Jenna said, closing the closet door Elijah and I stood behind. Elena gasped seeing us standing there.

"Hey, I'm Elijah. This is my assistant, Elizabeth," he said, placing a hand on my back.

"Please, call me Ellie," I told her.

"Elijah and Elizabeth are in town doing research on Mystic Falls." Jenna grabbed the box out of Elena's arms, taking it into the dining room.

"It's a pleasure," Elijah held his hand out to Elena, who slowly reached up to shake it.

"So you know, you're welcome to stay here and rummage through this stuff. Or Elena and I could help you load it into your car."

"Yeah, or we can get someone to pick it up tomorrow," I suggested.

"Also a good plan."

"Thank you so much for inviting us into your home, Jenna," I told her, a fake smile on my face.

"And, Elena, I hope to see you again sometime soon," Elijah said, stopping to face her. We said our goodbyes to Jenna, letting her shut the door before speeding back inside and up the stairs. Elena ran up the stairs, knocking on a door and looking over her shoulder. She went to open it, but I put my hand on top of hers, stopping her. She gasped and I lifted a finger up to my mouth to silence her as the door opened and a young man appeared.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Um, Jenna was just asking me to get you to help her with the boxes," Elena diverted. The boy nodded, walking past her and down the stairs. We waited until he was out of range before turning back to the doppelganger.

"That was a wise choice," I told her, leaning up against the doorframe.

"What do you want?"

"I think it's time we had a little chat," Elijah said as Elena furrowed her eyebrows. She led us into her bedroom, shutting the door quietly. "Oh, forgive the intrusion. We mean your family no harm." Elijah walked over to the window seat, moving blankets and pillows off to the side so he could sit down. Wandering around her room, I looked at the pictures on her walls, admiring the décor.

"Nice place you've got here," I muttered, crossing my arms and leaning up against the wall next to Elijah's seat.

"Why did you kill those vampires when they tried to take me?" Elena asked, looking back and forth between Elijah and me.

"Because we didn't want you to be taken," he replied plainly.

Elena looked confused, so I continued on, "Klaus is the most feared and hated of the Originals. But those that fear him are desperate for his approval. If word gets out that the doppelganger exists, there'll be a line of vampires eager to take you to him, and we can't have that."

"Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do?" Elijah and I exchanged a quick glance before he began to speak slowly.

"Let's just say that our goal is not to break the curse."

"So what is your goal?"

"Klaus' obsessions have made him paranoid. He's a recluse. He trusts only those in his immediate circle."

"Like you?"

"Not anymore," Elijah shook his head, his face dropping slightly.

"You don't know where he is, do you?" There was a pause as Elijah and I kept quiet, Elena taking that as a yes. "So you're trying to use me to draw him out."

"Well, to do that, we need you to stay put and stop trying to get yourself killed," I told her, walking over and plopping down on the window seat beside Elijah.

"How do I know you're telling the truth?"

"Well, if I wasn't being truthful, all your family would be dead and we would be taking you to Klaus right now. Instead, we're here and prepared to offer you a deal," I shrugged a shoulder.

"What kind of a deal?"

"Do nothing. Do nothing, live your life. Stop fighting. And then, when the time is right, you will help us draw Klaus out, and Ellie and I shall make certain that your friends remain unharmed." Elijah got up, wandering over to her desk. She looked over at me and I nodded my head once.

"And then what?"

"Then we kill him," I stated.

Hope you enjoyed Chapter 6! 

Book 2 is done, so when I start posting it, I hope you'll like it. I'm getting ready to work on Book 3, so I'll keep posting Book 1 while I do that. Hopefully when I'm done with the 3rd book, I'll be ready to post Book 2. I'm trying to stick with a pattern, so that you guys always have something to read while I work on the new stuff. Wouldn't want to keep you waiting for the next book :)

Hope you all have a great Spring Break!! (I'm on mine now, so I have nothing to do.)

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.

The Original: Book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara