Chapter Seven: The Candle

Mateo POV & 3rd POV

Mirabel and her Tío Bruno, are now on the other side of the house, looking at Isabela's door. Mirabel scoffed. "Why would embracing Isabela do anything?" Mirabel questioned. "I don't know. Her family got a miracle. How do you help a miracle? You hug a sister." Bruno said.

"Mirabel!" Camilo called. Mirabel and Bruno hid. "Mirabe-Mirabel!" Camilo continues to call, as his head shapeshifts into a baby.

"Oh, I think we're running out of time here." Bruno said. "It's not gonna work. She won't hug me. Ever. Okay, she hates me. Also, I don't know if you heard. I ruined her proposal. Plus, she is just annoying, of course she's annoying." Mirabel said. "Mirabel." Bruno called in a whisper.

"And what's her problem anyway? She's the one with roses coming out of her-" Mirabel continues, but stopped. "Mirabel!" Bruno said. Mirabel stopped, and look at him.

"Oh, sorry, sorry, sorry. You see, you're missing the point. The fate of the family, is not up to her. It's up to you. You're exactly what this family needs. You just had to see it. By yourself, after I leave." Bruno said, as he hides with a potted plant, in front of him.

"What? You're not coming?" Mirabel asked. "It was your vision, Mirabel. Not mine." Bruno said. "You're afraid, Abuela will see you." Mirabel said. "Yup, I mean yes. That too." Bruno said, as he leans against the wall, and went toward the entrance.

"Hey, after you save the miracle. Come visit." Bruno said. "After, I save the miracle. I'm bringing you home." Mirabel said. "Kn-Kn-Kn-Kn-Knock on the wood." Bruno said, as he went back to where he stays.

Mirabel saw the candle light begins to falter, while the glow of the doors also begins to falter. "You got this. Just gotta save the miracle... with a hug." Mirabel said.

𝓢𝓞𝓐𝓡𝓘𝓝𝓖

Mirabel enters Isabela's room. "Isa? Hey... I know we have our, issues. But, I'm... ready to be a better sister. To you." Mirabel said, as she walks closer to where the bed was.

"So, we should just. Hug. Let's hug it out. Huh?" Mirabel said. Isabela's bed begins to lower to the ground, with Isabela and Mateo sitting on it.

"Wow, never would I have ever thought that, Mirabel wants to hug it out." I said. 'Especially with, Isa.' I think to myself.

"Hug it out? Luisa can't lift an empanada, Mariano's nose looks like a smash papaya, Mateo's wings are grey." Isabela said, as she pluck a rose from the vine.

"Have you lost your mind!" Isabella yelled. "At this point. I'd say 'Maybe'." I said. 

"Isa, I feel like you're upset. And you know what cures being upset? A warm embrace." Mirabel said, as she got to the stair that goes toward Isabela's bed, and spreads her arms out. Vines came out tp block Mirabel from getting closer.

"Get out." Isabela said, as a flower was blown to Mirabel's mouth. Isabela begins walking down the stairs, while Mateo was behind her.

Mateo knows to never intervene an argument between siblings, especially his sisters'.

"Everything was perfect. Abuela was happy. The family was happy. You wanna be a better sister? Apologize for ruining my life!" Isabela said, as she got close to Mirabel's face.

Mirabel was a bit annoyed. "Go on. Apologize." Isabela whispered the last part. "I...am...sorry." Mirabel said. Isabela was satisfied a bit. Mateo let out a sigh of relief.

"That your life is so great!" Mirabel continued. Mateo shook his head a bit. "Out." Isabela said, as the vines begins pulling Mirabel towards the door.