Chapter Five: The Guzmán

A/N: Sitting arrangement is a bit different, because there's Mateo and Feliciano.

Mateo POV & 3rd POV

The Madrigal family and Guzmán family are at the dinner table.

"The Guzmán and the Madrigal together, will be so good for the Encanto." Alma said. "Yes, than let's hope tonight is not a horrible disaster." Señora said. They laughed a bit.

"To a perfect night. Salud." Alma said. "Salud." Everyone at the table said, as they raised their drinks.

Mateo was sitting next to Mirabel, while Feliciano was sitting on the other side.

Mateo and Feliciano were talking for a bit. "Why are you hiding your wings?" Feliciano asked. "Uh, I..., uh, I was cold, yes, I was cold, so I wear something to not catch a cold." I said, laughing nervously a bit at the end.

"Maybe this will help." Feliciano said, as he grabbed Mateo's right-hand, with his left-hand. Mateo made a quiet sound of surprise, and his faced turned a bit red. Feliciano chuckles at his reaction.

Mirabel was staring at Dolores, making sure she doesn't tell anyone. "Avocado?" Feliciano asked, as a bowl of avocado was in front of her. Mirabel pushed it away, and saw Dolores telling Camilo.

Camilo begins to shapeshift while coughing. Alma and Señora look at him, Alma distracts Señora by pouring wine into her cup.

"Camilo, fix your face." Félix told his son. Camilo fixes his face. Mirabel was looking at him. "Water?" I asked, as a jug of water was handed to Mirabel. Mirabel looked over, and saw Camilo telling Félix.

Félix spits out the water, and it got to Mariano. Félix covers it, with a cough.

"Mirabel." Alma called. Mirabel looked over. "The cream, please." Alma said. "Pá, the cream." Mirabel said. Agustín laughs nervously, grabbed the cream, and handed it to Mirabel. Mirabel handed it to Mateo. Mirabel saw Félix telling Pepa.

Thundercloud appeared on top of Pepa. "Pepa, the cloud." Alma said, as the clouds begin thundering. "Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies." Pepa said, as she brushes her hair, to try and stay calm. Mirabel saw Pepa telling Julieta.

Julieta look over to her daughter, Mirabel. Mirabel look at the floor, while drinking her drink. Mirabel saw that the floor was cracking. Mirabel bend over to look at it.

"Mirabel." Mariano called. Mirabel bumped her head under the table, and got out. "Everything, okay?" Mariano asked. Before Mirabel could say anything, Agustín said something first.

"Haha, everything's okay. She's just excited for you to propose. Which, uh, you should do, as fast as you can." Agustín said. "Yes." Mirabel said. "Uh, I was actually, gonna-" Mariano was about to say. "You was actually gonna. Great." Mirabel said.

Mirabel walks over to Isabela's chair, and turned her over to Mariano, and brushes her sleeves. Mariano looks over to his mother. "Well-well-well, since everyone here has a talent, my Mariano wanted to begin with a song. Luisa." Señora called.

Luisa raises her head. "Could you bring over the piano?" Señora asked. "Okay." Luisa said, as her mouth trembles a bit, she raised from her seat, while covering her face with her hands.

"Uh, it's actually family tradition to sing after." Mirabel said, as she walks over to Mariano's seat, and pushed him off. Mariano is now on a crouched position, with one knee raised.

"Is that a family tradition?" Feliciano asked Mateo, who was questioning what is happening. "I guess it is." I replied. "Even I had no idea." I muttered.

Mariano took out the small box. "Isabela, the most graceful..." Mariano begins to say. Mirabel saw some cracks, and jumped over to it, covering it. Everyone look at her. "You're doing great." Mirabel told Mariano.

"The most perfect flower, in this entire..." Mariano continues. Mirabel saw a raccoon grabbing a piece of vison. She tries to reach over to stop it. Luisa came in with the piano, and cried when she couldn't lift it.

Everyone look at her. Mirabel saw the raccoon putting the pieces of the vision together. "...Will you marry me?" Mariano asked, as he showed Isabela the ring. Isabela was forcing a smile.

"No!" Mirabel said, as she went under the table, but the raccoon took the vision away. Luisa continues to cry. Thundercloud formed. Keel-billed toucans were flying around. "What is happening?" Señora asked.

"Mirabel broke Bruno's vision, she read it, she's gonna destroy the magic, and now we're all doomed!" Dolores exclaimed. The raccoon brought the vision onto the table. Mirabel tried to get it, but pushed it toward Alma.

Alma saw the vision, with Mirabel in front of Casita, while it has cracks. They all look at Mirabel. "You went into Bruno's tower?!" I quietly yelled at her. The structure behind Mirabel begins to crack.

As it passes by the family members. Camilo's head shapeshifts into a baby with mustache. Crack appeared under between Isabela and Mariano, a plant grew, and it hits the ring toward Mariano. Mateo's wings got out of the cover, to reveal that all of the feathers turned grey. The thundercloud grew bigger.

The door opened. "Felicidades!" The people outside shouted, but stopped. Rain begins to fall from the thunderclouds. Alma look at Mirabel.

Mariano and Señora rushed out of the building, while Mariano was crying. "Señora, por favor." Alma pleaded. "Abuela, please. There's gotta be an explanation." Mirabel said.

"I hate you!" Isabela said. "I'm a loser." Luisa said, while she's crying. "Luisa." Agustín called. "What did you do?" Pepa said, as the raincloud followed her.

"I'm not doing anything. It's Bruno's vision." Mirabel said. Mirabel saw the rats taking the pieces of the vision away, and she followed after them.

"Sorry, about what happened today." I said to Feliciano. "It was, quite... unexpected. But it was still a great night." Feliciano said. Mateo laughed a bit. "Here, a gift for you." Feliciano said, as he handed Mateo a small present.

"Thanks. See you around?" I asked, as I took the present. "See you around, hermoso." Feliciano said, as he kissed the back of Mateo's hand, and went after his mother and brother.

Mateo was stunned by what Feliciano did, and blushes. Mateo is so not going to ever forget about what just happened.

Mariano and Señora rushed out of the house, with Feliciano behind them. "The magic is strong! Everything is fine! We are the Madrigals!" Alma said, as she closed the door. "Mirabel!" Alma called, and thunder could be heard inside the building.

A/N: Hermoso: Means Beautiful for Male.