Dark elf vs hero of humanity

A new day

The days in the dark elf tribe were correspondent with the days outside the cavern. The magic crystals would be covered up in accordance with the sunset to prevent sleeplessness amongst the tribe's members.

Ainz guessed that it was somewhere between six and seven in the morning when someone finally came to wake him up.

A soft knocking sound on the door was all he heard, but it sufficed since he had never been asleep in the first place. Instead, he merely attained his knight form and was lying on the bed when he heard the knock.

Ainz got up and opened the door only to see four armed elf guards stand at his door, one of them Camus, who was equipped in much lighter gear compared to yesterday. Unlike his clothing, his killing intent was still sharp, although he tried to keep it hidden for some reason.

"Could you be so kind as to tell me where the two elves are?"

Ainz's question was not one of curiosity but merely politeness as he didn't want to come off as overly conceited. Besides, he would have to spend the entire day with probably these four dark elves. The least he could do was talk a little to them to pass the time.

"The two esteemed emissaries have already left, you on the other hand are advised to stay inside this room until they return." One of the men beside Camus grumbled.

"Ooh?"

Ainz was curious how they managed to get the sleepyhead Mare out of his bed. Most likely Aura woke him up.

"Well then, let's go see some of the cavern's sights."

Completely ignoring the casual threat from the dark elf, Ainz stepped out of his room and proceded towards the the edge of the rock where the rowboats were moored. To the great dissatisfaction of the four dark elves, they were forced to go along and escort Ainz back to the main part of the tribe.

Seeing as there was no other choice Camus sat down with Ainz in the same boat while the other three dark elves took another rowboat. And so they departed for the tribe's central region.

As the boat left and floated towards the shore of the underground lake, almost no one noticed that the elder that would usually sit under his tree day and night in meditation had actually stood up and watched the rowboat leave. The only person that had seen him get up was his caretaker who stood a bit behind him as she threw a couple of glances at the boat with Ainz on it before heading back to the courtyard to prepare some more medicine for the elder.

Although few in the clan knew of this, the elder was actually not as strong and powerful as he was in his prime anymore. His power had dwindled due to a certain event some time ago. Ever since that time, he had been forced to take medicine made from herbs in the forest to keep his condition stable. But with the problems surrounding the demon beasts...

A complicated look was visible on the elder's eyes as he stared at the armoured figure that quietly rowed himself and Camus to the shore. Usually it should have been Camus who rowed the boat seeing as Ainz was something like an honoured guest. But Ainz was actually rowing the boat all the while Camus simply watched with an irked expression. The elder wanted to fly over and reprimand Camus, but that would ruin his standing and reputation as the dignified elder.

Suddenly, he felt a tremor run through his body. The amount of medicine he had been able to take in was not even half of what was needed, and the effects were beginning to show themselves. Before he would have been able to cast the sixth tier spell [Heal] on himself, but after he had lost some of his power, fifth tier spells had become his maximum and spells of that level would prove insufficient.