"Why would you say that?"

"Because you kind of look like you're waiting."

"Waiting?"

He shrugged.

"On someone. For someone or something."

"Like who? Like what?"

"I don't know."

Zayn slowly sat down behind his desk and turned on his computer. "I'm not waiting on anyone or anything. And you're right. I should have called you. Next time I will. I promise."

Louis smiled.

"So there will be a next time?"

"Yeah. Why not? You had a good time, didn't you?"

"I did."

"Okay then. Maybe we'll have dinner this time. And then maybe I'll pick you up and not let you uber home. Because now that I think about it, that was kinda bad on my part."

"It's okay. And yes. I'd like that."

Zayn was smiling big. But when Louis left the office, he closed his eyes and gathered his thoughts. Was he waiting on something? Perhaps. But at this point, he was probably waiting on something that would never ever come. So why bother waiting at all?

➡️ ➡️ ➡️

It was four days later. But not just four days later. It was a dinner date for Zayn and another night not spent alone for Harry that passed in that time. Around two o'clock Saturday afternoon, Harry got the call that his coat had been cleaned and was ready. Since Benjamin was home with him, he dressed the little boy up and he took him with him.

When he walked in the door, Louis recognized him right away.

"I remember you. Harry, Styles, right?"

"Yes. I brought in the tan coat with the throw up stain."

"That's right. I think you'll be very pleased with the results. Hold on a moment."

"Alright."

Harry could see Louis go to the back and turn on the garmet conveyor. After a couple of minutes, Louis came up to the front with Harry's coat in a garmet bag. Then he laid it on the counter and opened the bag up.

"Have a look there."

"Wow." Harry said.

"I can't believe you got it all out."

"Well not me. The employee who did it."

"They did an amazing job. I didn't think you would be able to get it all out. How much do I owe you again?"

"Twenty three dollars and nine cents."

"I'll pay with a card."

"That's fine."

Very quickly, Harry had taken his card from his wallet, paid for it and grabbed his coat.

"Thank you so much, Louis."

"Of course. Come back and see us. And don't forget to recommend us."

"I will. Come on, Benny. Let's go."

Harry turned to go but even when he reached the door, Benjamin was still distracted. He was fascinated by the garmet conveyor.

"Benny, I said let's go. We have to go."

"Coming Daddy."

By the time Benjamin got to the door, Zayn was coming out of the back office and making his way towards the front. He was about to ask Louis a question about a garment that had been tagged but there was a knock on the window from the outside, which grabbed their attention.