Chapter 44

The first year of marriage is a foundation for the upcoming years. Perhaps that is why couples go on multiple vacations to establish that connection and trust.

Anisha and Abhimanyu did not go on any vacation before this. It was their first and they had fun to unexpected levels.

After exploring the city of Venice, the couple went to Rome and then Milan. They had fun and unlimited memories and now they were heading back to reality.

" Abhimanyu!" Anisha chided.

" Haan bolo."  ( Yes)

" Result aayga teen ya chaar din me. I am nervous." ( Result will be out in three or four days.) she said grabbing his attention.

" To kya hoga?" ( Then what next?)

She hit him on his chest. " Aap kitne kharab ho! Yaha muje tension ho rahi hai aur aap hai ki.." ( You are so bad! Here I'm tensed and you..)

" Aree meri jaan...kyu leti ho itna tension? Paper accha gaya tha na? Haa. Phir?"  ( Why do you take so much tension? The paper was good, right? Then?)

" Haa to ab tension bhi nahi lu me! " ( So I should not even worry!)

" What else!" He exclaimed.

She pouted and looked outside the window. They were in the middle of God knows where but were surrounded by clouds. He sighed and leaned his head on her shoulder.

" Whenever the result is out. Whatever it may be, we will decide what to do, okay. "

She smiled but did not turn.

She needed assurance and he knew yet denied her that. So she gave him a cold shoulder. It was patent behaviour of hers, she needed assurance.

Abhimanyu had caught her smiling and kissed her forehead. She resisted the smile but failed and he looked at her amused.

He pulled her again and she leaned her head onto his shoulder. Relaxing like that they drifted to sleep and woke up just before landing.

They were back in Mumbai and within a few minutes, courtesy of less traffic, they were home.

The door to the house was opened and Daljeet stood there beaming at the couple. They too smiled and hugged her chance by chance.

" So, how was it? Had fun?" She teased.

" Yes mom. " Abhimanyu smirked.

Anisha had turned shy and when Daljeet raised a brow at her, she blushed.

" So?" She prodded.

" We had fun, mummyji." She gave a sweet answer but it didn't even satisfy Daljeet.

" I hope you had enough fun to give me a grandchild soon."

Anisha and Abhimanyu both laughed nervously.

She happily welcomed them inside and as they were tired and jet lagged they slept soon after freshening up.

Early morning greeted the couple with the blaring alarm they got back to routine. Anisha had to arrange all the documents for counselling and everything, today while Abhimanyu had to rejoin office.

They went downstairs for breakfast and Abhimanyu quickly had his food and joined the office. Anisha on the other hand talked with Daljeet and Ankita for a while and played with her nephew.

Daljeet smiled looking at her building castles in the air about her other future grandchildren. She had a sight so beautiful and jolly that her lips stretched into a beautiful smile.

" Mummyji what are you thinking?" Ankita asked.

Daljeet signalled towards Anisha playing and enjoying with the baby. She would make a wonderful mother. Ankita, too looked at the two and smiled understanding the direction of Daljeet's thoughts.

Anisha sensed a gaze at her and she turned to find the two ladies looking at her, playing with the cutie-pie. She smiled at the ladies.

" Anisha, beta have you two talked about kids?" Daljeet asked as casually as she could manage.

" Umm...mummyji we are not ready at the moment. " She replied.

Daljeet opened and closed her mouth knowing anything she says can be a double edged sword. Anisha too looked uncomfortable and the cries of the baby dragged their attention away from the elephant in the room.

As the baby quietened Anisha's phone rang and she was quick to grab the phone. It was Abhimanyu.

" Abhimanyu?" She asked. He never called in the middle of the day unless it was something important.

" Anu, Jaan, result aa gaya." ( Results are out)

" What!" She exclaimed, " Did you check?"

" No. You do and tell me." He replied calmly.

She could literally feel the sweat that broke out and dropped down her forehead, the heartbeats loud and the shivering of hands. She was nervous.

She quickly opened the website and logged in to check her result. It took a while before it loaded and after multiple attempts, the website opened.

Abhimanyu was calm exteriorly but he was nowhere near that, while it was her exam but it was him who felt the brunt of the entrance. First off, his wife was busy with studying. Second, he lost a good assistant. Third and most important it was not just her dream anymore, it was their dream.

So when the notification of CLAT result popped on his screen, he was equally nervous and after composing himself, he dialled Anisha's phone.

" Abhimanyu?" Anisha's voice broke his trance.

" Haan." ( Yes)

" I qualified." She whispered her voice detecting it was unbelievable.

" I know you would have. The score?" He asked impatiently.

" Hundred and twelve out of hundred and fifty." She replied breathless.

" Oh my god! This is like a high score." He exclaimed.

" I can't believe, I did it!" She exclaimed with tears rolling on her cheeks.

Abhimanyu laughed at her and said, " I am proud, Jaan. Very very proud."

Anisha smiled with tears. It was a bittersweet moment. She finally did it and it wouldn't have been possible without him. Hell, she would have never pursued her dream again if not for him.

Daljeet and Ankita had come to look for her when they saw her in the middle of living room smiling with tears rolling down. They approached her and she hugged the life out of Daljeet.

" Mummyji, result aa gaya! Mere ek sau bara number aaye hai, ek sau pachas me se." ( Mom, the results are out! I have got hundred and twelve out of hundred and fifty.)

Daljeet hugged her back, tighter than previous and smiled. Anisha felt like her mother's embrace and snuggled further into the hug and then Ankita joined as well.

It was a happy moment and Daljeet confirmed by announcing, " Ankita, chef ko bolo raat me sab Anisha ke pasand ka banega aur meetha mere haath ka! Aaj raat hum celebrate karenge, meri beti ki udaan ka pehla din." ( Inform the chef to make everything according to Anisha's liking in the night. I will cook the sweet! Tonight we celebrate her first flight!)

Indeed, it was a happy moment towards a happier future, fingers crossed.

*_*_*

Happy New Year dear readers!

With 2022 here, Anisha has got the fruits of her hardwork. Let's hope every girl who inspired me to start this story finds the courage and determination to make her dreams come true!