Chapter 35

Do you know what is a dilemma?

A phase where you are caught between two thoughts for different actions.

Forgive and forget or not.

Abhimanyu was rendered speech less after hearing him talk. He sighed a deep breath and was about to say when the ringing of a phone broke it off.

Anil checked his phone and frowned at the caller, nevertheless he answered it.

" Yes, Esha."

" Okay reach office as soon as you can and I will sign it."

They heard his reply and knew that the moment had come to a stop.

" If it was so important you could have your mother's sign, right?" He grumbled.

" Okay fine. I'll be there in twenty." He hanged up the phone irritated.

He was met with the questioning gaze of the couple after the call ended. Sighing he said, " Esha needs my signature on some college paper. Said mom is not home and she has to submit by evening. I have to go. I'll meet you two some other day."

Anisha and Abhimanyu both nodded and he left the cabin.

Anisha slumped in her seat closing her eyes and covering with her hands.

Abhimanyu looked warily at her, she had quite a day today, didn't she?

He let a few moments pass before interupting her thought process.

Anisha was still under the after-effects of the conversation. He had apologized and hugged her after ten months. After ten months he talked to her like a normal person.

She couldn't hold back her emotions at the moment and bursted out crying but as she regained her composure she was haunted by thoughts.

' He said, marrying me in a haste was his biggest regret but then he could have waited and let the things settle.'

Abhimanyu looked at her lost in thoughts beneath the closed eyes. Her face demonstrating her thoughts.

'Papa even made me breakup with Sid, he ofcourse paid no attention as to him I was not important, but still what about my emotions?'

She frowned as she remembered Sid and a girl in the D-mart who was definitely his new catch of the month. It was good she broke up with him. At least some good came out of that debacle.

Abhimanyu had enough staring at her and sat on the chair beside her where Anil Sharma had previously sat.

His hands reached out and pulled her hands off her face causing her to open eyes and look at him.

Those red eyes caused pain to him.

'And then if Abhimanyu was not this good then, my life would be spoiled just because my own father had an impulsive moment and lit my life on fire with his unchangeable actions.'

She looked at him again and his brown eyes pulled her closer. She got up and sat on his lap, his closeness soothing her. His hands rubbed her back trying to calm her down and slowly she leaned her head on his shoulder.

All these thoughts accentuated her headache which followed her crying episode and she could feel her head throb.

Playing with his shirt' button she asked him, " Abhimanyu why don't I know what to do? I mean...I am lost...he...how could he..."

Unable to complete the sentence the sobs wrecked her body again but he understood the unsaid.

" He wanted to apologise but what to do further would be your decision."

She nodded and nuzzled into his neck.

" Abhimanyu, promise me you would never take such hasty decisions that could not be taken back."

She looked straight into his eyes and he promised her.

" I am just glad you are you and not some stuck up man with whom my life would have been burnt to ashes. I never said it out loud Abhimanyu but thank you for supporting and understanding me when nobody did and moreover you gave me my confidence back. Thank you."

And she finished by kissing his Adam's apple.

He gulped and closed his eyes pulling her into his chest.

" Anisha you are my world. Never forget that."

She heaved a sigh and shuddered in his arms.

" Anisha, you should head home. I'll manage for the day." He said after a few minutes.

" No if I'm busy I would be distracted else I will think about all this."

He nodded, " But you work inside with me."

She nodded and got off his lap to bring a few documents and her laptop inside.

Meanwhile Abhimanyu ordered a sandwich for the two of them from the cafeteria seeing as none of them had any food after breakfast and it was close to three now.

Anisha sat in front of him and begun her work. His presence pressuring her into working rather than thinking about the various what ifs.

Abhimanyu as well resumed working and the two were busy when there was a knock and their sandwiches made an appearance.

Anisha was pleasantly surprised while Abhimanyu winked at her and they both had their makeshift lunch and again started working.

When the clock hit six Abhimanyu demanded her to accompany home and leave the work here itself. She needed rest and he was making sure she got some.

While lying on the bed she thought about the incidence again and her thoughts .ade her want to pull her hair.

Their next meeting was scheduled a week later and till that time Anisha wanted to clear her head and decide a few things.

Abhimanyu engulfed her in his arms and kissed her cheek.

" You concentrate on your entrance. Leave all these matters behind already we wasted a year, not more than that. "

" Abhimanyu, I was thinking what do we do after I get qualified?"

" Well we admit you in a good college and have you become a good lawyer."

" It takes minimal three years to become one. That means we would be four years married after my graduation then career and then job. What about kids?"

Abhimanyu frowned, " If you want we can have them now itself."

She raised her brow at the sass. " Not now but before graduating?"

He heaved a sigh and said , " Wherever this topic is coming from. You need to clear the entrance first and then we will plan our lives."

She sighed but nonetheless nodded.

Abhimanyu engulfed into her arms and kissed her forehead.

They surely had a long way to go, didn't they?