Chapter 24

Communication is the key to a healthy relationship.

Anisha had insisted to buy vegetables and Abhimanyu had insisted on letting the staff do their work. Their approach different but aim was the same.

After several pleadings from Anisha, Abhimanyu had begrudgingly stopped the car near the D-mart. She was quick to get in and buy all that was required.

But Abhimanyu was sat there in the car waiting her arrival. He did not like how the things were turning out since last night and unfortunately he could not find an open door. As if all the doors were shut close on his face!

He felt powerless!

It was somebody else's fault and his wife and now him were paying the price!

As time progressed his thoughts took more pessimistic turn and by the time Anisha came back balancing two big bags in her small hands, he had grown too distant. He just made sure she was settled in and drove back home. Not a single word uttered.

Anisha had grown uncomfortable. She failed to understand why he was behaving like this since morning. He seemed grumpy at first but then now he argued about the vegetables, a trivial thing! She was completely at loss about what was wrong with him.

Once home Anisha made her way inside the kitchen and noticed it to be empty. She washed her hands and got started on working. Afterall she had to prepare a colorful table with minimal time. As it was already just two hours to dinner time.

She was oblivious to the fact that Abhimanyu was standing in the kitchen. He too noticed the absence of staff for the second time on the same day. He looked at his wife who had not had one proper meal since morning and tired as hell from work and now she was prepping for a full scale meal. He felt bad.

With a sharp intake of breath, he left the kitchen and climbed the stairs to his room. He changed and got started on working. Working took his mind off such things. Though this time it seemed to be a difficult task.

After two hours dinner was served on the table and everybody had gathered around except for Abhimanyu.

Daljeet opened the lids and the aroma itself was mouthwatering let alone the sight of the food. She nodded her head towards her daughter-in-law who smiled in relief. She looked around and noticed the absence of her younger son.

" Anisha, where is Abhimanyu?"

" Mummyji, wo room me hi hai." ( He is in the room.)

" Khaana?" ( Food?)

Anisha had no answer to this. She just saw him entering the room and frankly, she was so busy preparing the meal that she forgot to even call him down.

"Abhimanyu!" Daljeet called out loudly.

Within a minute the door opened to reveal Abhimanyu.

" Khaane aa jaa." ( Come for dinner.)

" Mom, you all eat. I'm not hungry." He replied and shut the door back.

Daljeet stared open mouthed at the closed door. This was new. Abhimanyu never ever said no to food.

Sighing deeply Daljeet looked at Anisha, " Did you know what is wrong with him?"

" He is the same since morning."

Daljeet got up from the table and went upstairs herself. She knocked at the door only for it to remain shut. Abhimanyu was not at all answering the door.

Daljeet knocked louder and even called his name but no avail. Abhimanyu was not opening the door.

Having had enough, Daljeet came back to the dining room and glared at Anisha.

" Why is he being like this?" Supreet asked after having a good look at his wife.

" He is in this mood since morning."

Supreet sighed and asked everybody to compete their meals. Daljeet looked at the food and sat down. Abhimanyu was her son and was not eating she could not bring herself to eat anything.

Anisha too was playing around with food. Abhimanyu had never gone so silent in these six months of marriage. There is definitely something which is bothering him and she as his partner felt incompetent when he failed to share his mind with her.

When everybody had their food, Anisha had enough playing with the food and went inside to kitchen and arranged a plate for Abhimanyu. She carried hers as well as his plate upstairs and inside their room.

She was determined to feed him.

As she entered the room she saw him dozing in front of the laptop. Sighing she shut it and kept it aside.

She tried waking him up and when he did she said, " Abhimanyu, have dinner please."

He looked at her for a minute straight and then nodded.

She quickly gave him his plate and also joined him on the couch to have her food.
They had food silently. She was just glad he was eating.

" Anisha, you cooked this much alone?" He asked gruffly.

" Yes." She whispered.

" Good then you woke me up. I am sorry I didn't come downstairs... I was, rather still am angry. But your efforts they are really appreciated. Thank you."

She gave him a watery smile while he melted looking at her. What was her fault in between all this. To add to this he too misbehaved.

" I am sorry for shouting at you. And also for not talking properly the whole day."

She nodded and laid her head on his chest. " Just promise you won't shut yourself like this anymore. It worries me."

" I'll try my best." He replied.

She snuggled further into his chest and even planted a kiss where his heart was beating. He was a beautiful soul and all hers.

He smiled at her act and started playing with her hair. He finally found peace with her in his arms. She was becoming his own tranquilizer.