11: A hawk who looks like a weasel

Start from the beginning

"Of course I won't." But the sly grin on his face literally screamed: 'hell yes, I would.'

"Remember the punch thing, ok?" I whispered in Hawk's ear before leaning in to kiss his cheek. He chuckled, but nodded away.

And that was Kent's cue to lead him to where some guys were gathered, loudly cheering themselves on.

Boys.

As for me, I soon caught sight of my friends, and it wasn't long before I was surrounded by three very pumped up girls. And just like that, I found my worries about Hawk slowly disappearing to the back of my mind.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

After dancing to what seemed like the hundredth song, I excused myself to get a drink. But on my way, I bumped into none other than...

"Hey, B."

I felt my features give way to a smile as I took in the boy in front of me. "Jason."

"Wow! You look stunning," he complimented, eyes radiating genuine admiration. I liked that I still had that effect on him.

"Thanks," I said, flipping my hair in an exaggerated show of importance, leaving him chortling.

His lips parted to speak, but another voice beat him to it - Trina.

"Hey, I've been looking all over for you," she beamed, gently grabbing at his arm as she spoke. Her eyes soon fell on me, and despite her best attempts, I caught the way her smile had now dimmed considerably. "Hi, Brooke."

Of course, the extra happy smiles were meant for Jason alone. To her though, I offered a tight smile in reply, and it was with great effort that I managed to maintain it after hearing her say, "sorry, I have to steal him for a minute. Hope you don't mind?"

Well, I wouldn't mind throwing her off the balcony, but whatever.

"No, go ahead. I have to get a drink anyway. Besides, not all of us like being clingy." I threw her a smirk before walking away - the last thing I saw being her silently seething face.

Steal him for a minute? For what exactly? Oh right, probably to go over their assignment.

That sweet, little, scheming Trina.

I was soon snapped out of my thoughts by a drunkenly excited Kenny Walker. "Brooke," he started breathlessly. "Your boyfriend is totally killing it."

My boyfriend? Oh my god, Hawk! How could I have forgotten to check up on him?

Now though, I was asking, "where is he?"

"In the kitchen," Kenny slurred. Muttering my thanks, I was running off to go find my 'boyfriend.'

I arrived at the kitchen soon after, but the sight that welcomed me was one that left me battling to keep my mouth from hanging open.

Hawk was standing on the kitchen table, a whole bunch of people gathered around him, all of them cheering him on as he...what the hell was he doing?

It was one of those things you wanted to un-see, but yet, couldn't keep from staring at.

So, now, I watched as he did some really weird dance moves, only to announce, "and that's why I call it the Hawk duck."