𝟕. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇

7. THE AFTERMATH

☆★☆★→ ←☆★☆★Warnings: none

☆★☆★→ ←☆★☆★
Warnings: none.
"I barely got any sleep..."
☆★☆★→ ←☆★☆★

 It was currently nighttime, and the trial had finished not too long ago. Everyone met up in the dining hall however no one was able to mutter out a word. Makoto was the last one to come inside the hall.

"Hey...Are you okay Makoto?" Aoi asked, worry laced in her voice

"Probably not Hina." [Y/N] mumbled.

"You sure took your sweet time! I was just about to drag you back here!" Kiyotaka yelled ignoring Makoto's gloomy expression.

"Sorry..." Makoto apologized.

"So what happened? Was your room fixed up as Monokuma said? I imagine it would be pretty hard to sleep with a rotting corpse in your bathroom!" Kiyotaka continued.

"Jeez, that's fucked up man. Why would you say something like that?" Mondo scolded.

"My room was spotless... There wasn't anything left. Like the whole thing never happened." Makoto replied.

"It must be tough staying there. Why didn't you just stay in Sayaka's room?" Sakura suggested.

"Well staying there with her sent still in the air...it would hurt just as much. Plus, I've decided I can't turn away from her death." Makoto responded. They talked for a while longer but [Y/N] didn't pay attention until they heard Chihiro talk.

"I don't want to live...if it means killing someone else to do it. I don't wanna kill anyone else!" She exclaimed with a trembling body.

"What do you mean?" Yasuhiro asked.

"Leon died because we all voted for him right? It's no different from us killing him ourselves!" She added on.

"But.."

"If we didn't we, all of us would have died instead... That isn't what you wanted is it?" Aoi asked.

"She's right. If you heal that kind of blame on yourself, you'll turn into a full-fledged masochist." Hifumi piped up.

"Chihiro you're not to blame. The mastermind is responsible for everything that's happened. We had to vote I can't imagine what would have happened if we refused. In the end, Monokuma killed Leon." Makoto convinced.

Monokuma's nighttime announcement rang through the intercom and everyone was forced back into their dorms, after witnessing a death that they had no control over.

☆★☆★→ ←☆★☆★

[Y/N] wasn't able to sleep.

The trial had just finished and everyone went back to their rooms. [Y/N] guessed they were the only ones awake but, they couldn't tell. Every time they closed their eyes to try and get rest, the same image popped up in their mind. Leon's dead corpse alongside the putrid smell of blood. They couldn't get the image out of their head, no matter how hard they tried. It haunted them.