the quiet one

2015-2016

    That's what people call me or describe me. My gym teacher once called me "The Quiet Assassin" but as a joke because I didn't participate the whole health class period. I like that one better though, "The Quiet One" is getting old.

____

    People say I'm quiet because I'm shy. But it's more than that. When a teacher asks a question to the class I think about an answer, but I don't know if it's right. Like I don't want to make a fool out of myself if it's wrong. Also, I don't really like to talk, like in general. I mean sometimes you'll find me talking to my friends, but that's because I feel as if I won't be judged by them. Or they make me forget that I'm shy or don't like to talk.

    It's not only the personality of mine that, of course, explains my desire to be silent. I'm observing others. I'm pondering about impossible scenarios in my head. I'm daydreaming about paradise. I'm dreaming about an extraordinary alternate universe. I'm thinking about people— friends. I'm reflecting on what happened so far today and the events that happened in the past. I'm predicting what'll happen today and in the future.

____

    I am silent because I am lost in thoughts.