60 | underneath the mistletoe

Start from the beginning

"...Okay?" You looked around and saw nothing of interest here. "Mikasa, I appreciate you wanting to spend more time with me, but I've noticed you feel a little...off. Are you okay? Like, for real this time."

She didn't even respond this time, instead just coughing.

"LOOK AT THOSE TWO LOVEBIRDS IN THE CORNER!" Someone squealed, making you almost jump into your girlfriend's arms as they pointed to you. "SOMEONE BRING OUT THE MISTLETOE!"

Another person threw a piece of mistletoe at Mikasa.

"Wait, it has to be han-"

Mikasa pulled you in for a kiss and hug combo, her arms wrapping around your stomach as tight as ribbon around a well-wrapped Christmas present. In a way, this kind of was a present. Just a very...unexpected one.

Armin:

"SOMEONE HELP!" Armin screamed, holding on to you for dear life. In silence, you did the same.

You had no idea that this was going to be the last Christmas you ever celebrated, much less the last chance you could have to hear Armin's voice.

In the middle of the rendezvous the two of you had planned for a quiet holiday alone, someone had stolen you away...to your own basement. The attackers were swift and blinded you and Armin with a wrap of cloth around your head. Lucky enough, if either of you were to escape this situation, you knew the names of the perpetrators:

Eren and Mikasa.

Since they had been long-time friends, it was easy to assume that they didn't have much planned. Probably just stealing all your Christmas cookies that Armin had left out for Santa, or unwrapping a few of your gifts a little early.

"Take their blindfolds off," Mikasa said. Eren replied with ripping yours off, allowing you to see that you and Armin had been placed right next to each other, both your hands bound by rope as you sat in rusted chairs.

Armin's blindfold was yanked off his head. He laughed as it came off - though you didn't want to know if this was him messing around or a case of him going into his...'mode'.

"Geez, buddy," Eren tossed the blindfold away and huffed. "Don't be so scared. Just look up."

"Look up?" Armin raised an eyebrow. You looked up before him to find the source of all this trouble: mistletoe. He seemed to realize this as well, his face twisting into an embarrassing shade of red.

"Uhhh...let's just get this over with," he said, leaning over in his seat. You nodded in agreement, leaning in as well and initiating a short peck on the lips.

"That was it?" Mikasa blinked. "I mean, you don't have to keep going if you're not comfy, but-"

Armin pulled you in for another kiss by surprise, your head tilting on instinct to match. It made you want to fall out of your seat at first, but you began to give in to Mikasa and Eren's dream fanfictions (assuming that's why they brought you down here) and embracing the sweetness of your partner's lips.

Levi:

Ever since you found out Levi's birthday landed on Christmas, you always found it fun to throw a few tricks up your sleeves to save money: getting him presents that would double as birthday / holiday gifts and throwing a party that would also kill two birds with one stone.

Though he was never a big fan of this strategy. It was, in your words 'twice the fun on one big day!' and to him 'twice the mess and social anxiety'.

This year, you had to prove him wrong. In order to do that, you had to spice things up.

Everything went as usual. The party, this time, was a surprise. It consisted of people mainly from Levi's friend group and a few of your own friends. Both sides were in on your plan and had promised that they wouldn't leak a word of the plan to Levi.