CHAPTER 8

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT ON THIS STORY AND FOR ALMOST 20K READS. ILYSM MY BEAUTIFUL READERS. KEEP COMMENTING YALL ARE SO FUNNY!

Camilo's POV

After the whole "River Debacle", it was time for me and Ramona to pitch in and help with the welcome party everyone was excited for. The entire town would be here in a few hours so we were running really low on time. Mama said it would be the biggest party since Antonio's gift ceremony, so that meant really big. I wasn't sure why I was nervous I just was, maybe it could be because Ramona was there, which is a very big thing for me since it would be Ramona's first party with the Madrigals. Actually, it would be ALL the Castillo's first party with the Madrigals.

"Ah Camilo, can you help put up the decorations with Luisa?" Abuela said stone-faced. I nodded and followed my cousin to pick up the box of decorations in the kitchen that Mirabel had brought. As we walked Luisa looked over at me smiling.

"Hey Primo, Dolores told me you had a crush on Ramona Castillo, the one with the fire powers," Luisa said quietly making sure to make it hard to overhear. I mentally facepalmed. "Of course she did," I say sarcastically. I don't even know why I keep telling Dolores these sorts of things.

"Well if it makes you feel better, most of the family knows, your Mama seems thrilled. So good on you little man! I hope things work out." Luisa whispers grinning from ear to ear. 'The whole family knows!? Ugh, this is so embarrassing. My parents will never let me hear the end of it. I can already see it now.'

I quickly finish off the decorations with Luisa and look around for Dolores so I can scold her for telling everyone in the family. She was standing near a pole watching everyone decorate, but once she saw my angry look she squeaked and tried to make a run for it. "DOLORES!" I say trying not to be too loud. 

"Uh hi Camilo I uh gotta go help... Abuela with... something?" Before my sister tried to turn around and escape I grabbed her hand and turned her back around. I rolled my eyes and began "my speech of rage".

"What possessed you to tell everyone about me liking Ramona! Mama and Papa will never stop talking about it now. They've probably already planned a proposal dinner! I just can't with you right now. I hope you know I will never tell you anything ever again!" I rant looking at Dolores staring right at me terrified. I could tell she wanted to reply but she just looked at me with guilty in her big eyes.

Being the drama queen I am, I flicked my hair and sashayed away feeling really good about myself while also feeling really frustrated that Dolores told everyone. But too be fair I should have predicted this sort of outcome.

TIME SKIP

Ramona's POV

After a few long hours of preparation, the party had started and Casita was filled with the laughter and chatter of the townsfolk of Encanto. My younger cousins, Andrea and Tony were dancing with me to the rhythm of an unfamiliar song. I twirled them both around as we laughed and giggled until Tony tapped me on my shoulder and pointed behind me. I turned to see what my primo was pointing at, and it was the one and only Camilo Madrigal.

Camilo smiled and waved at me beckoning me to come to him. I did so with a smile. Camilo grabbed my hand and smirked. 

"Care for a dance Ramona?" 

"I would love to Camilo." I giggled. Camilo began smiling like an idiot. With my hand in his, we began dancing to the beat of the song and we both couldn't stop smiling. He spun me around and my red skirt spun with me, probably hitting Camilo's ankles.

Camilo's POV

I loved dancing with Ramona. She was stunning as she twirled and moved to the music around us. I couldn't help but be mesmerized by her smiling face as she danced circles around me. Saying she was a good dancer would be an understatement. I was so caught up in the moment until I look behind Ramona and at my Mama and Papa. They were smiling like maniacs at me. They saw that I was looking at them and gave me a thumbs up then they tapped on Dolores's shoulder and directed her to look at me. Then Dolores tapped Mirabel's shoulder and so on until almost all the Madrigals were smiling at me giving me nods of encouragement. My family is SO embarrassing.

I knew better than to let my humiliating family ruin this moment for me so I shot them a glare and turned back to focus on the beauty in front of me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

YOU GUYS REALLY BLEW THIS STORY UP! THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND LOVE IVE BEEN GETTING IN THE COMMENTS IT MEANS SO MUCH. 

SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER MWAH MWAH