Come to think of it, he looks oddly familiar. All the kids in this class does.

"Oh, don't look at me like I'm creepy. Jace told me when I asked why you stopped showing to games."

It takes a minute, but the realization hits me like a ton of bricks. "Oh my god. Parker Riverport?"

He smirks, lifting his shoulders. "The one and only."

"Oh my god. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you! It seems like everyone here's changed. I mean look at you! You're so tall now!" I look around the room at the weirdly familiar faces.

"I can say the same about you Juliana." He looks me up and down slowly. "Times done you well."

I chuckle nervously, not knowing whether I like his gaze or not. I've never talked to Parker much, but I knew him through Jace. Parker plays on the hockey team as a defenseman, and even as a freshman, the kid was at least 6 foot. He has to be at least 6' 5" now. His impressive height and build makes him a perfect candidate for the position.

Parker's always been extremely nice to me. I would sit with his family a lot during games, and they're a lovely bunch. They're all so generous and genuinely nice people.

"What's your schedule like? I can show you around if you want?" He asks, playing with his pencil.

I let out a huge sigh. "That would be extremely helpful. If a class is out of your way, then I can figure it out if you give me some direction."

He shakes his head rapidly. His blonde curls bounce around. "No. No. No. I'm not letting you get lost. God, I just imagine how helpless you must have looked roaming the halls." He chuckles to himself.

I scoff. "I did not. Fake it til you make it, and I think I put on a good front."

I definitely tried to put on a poker face. Whether that worked or not, we will never know.

"Sure Juliana. Sure. But, I'll be your tour guide today." He does a little bow, but it fails as he's too big for these little desks and the table is in the way.

I laugh at his jester, but I'm grateful for him.

———————————————————————

The rest of the day passed by uneventfully. Parker kept his word and showed me around, and we found out we have quite a few classes together including lunch.

The relief I felt when I found out Parker and I have the same lunch. I thought I would have to sit alone, but Parker invited me to sit with him and a few of his friends (aka boys from the hockey team) during lunch. I didn't mind at all. I thought it would be awkward since I'm imposing, but they all welcomed me with open arms.

I'm surprised I haven't seen Jace yet. I thought for sure I would spot his brown, curly hair somewhere, but it's like he doesn't even go to this school.

According to Parker, Jace still goes here. He talked about starting preseason for our school's hockey team after school.

I don't even know what I'd do or say to him if I ever got the chance.

Hey bestie! I know it's been four years since I left you without saying a word, but it's great seeing you!

Like what the hell am I supposed to say that won't make him hate me more, assuming he hates me which he probably does.

The bell rings, and Parker and I get up from our seats in history so he can walk me to my last class: AP Chemistry.

"Little Miss. Scientist here I see." Parker smirks at me when I tell him my last class.