A book and a cat

_______________________________________________________________________________

You stare at yourself through the mirror, turning your head to get a better look at 'yourself'.

Your hands move to pinch yourself but you decide against it, smacking yourself instead. Fingers feeling cold and trembling on your cheek .

You lightly smack your cheeks as you keep staring at yourself. A weird feeling developed in your stomach, it twisted and turned .

You felt like throwing up, but you kept it unsure if it would be a good time to do that .

Swallowing a lump in your throat you stare at yourself for a few more minutes, playing with your new colored hair, before hesitantly trailing your eyes down the mirror to see your clothes.

A long tan sweater with a white collar shirt underneath, black sweatpants that were baggy at the ankle, and black sneakers.

You tried your best to keep your body from shaking more .

Seeing pockets in the sweatpants, you feel for anything inside them .

Nothing in the right pocket, but you find a flip phone in the left.

Taking it out with a cold,trembling hand, You notice the flip phone was an older model with a basic gray color.

Opening it showed the date: October 27, 12:47 pm.

Before you could do anything else you flinched and held your chest .

A ripping piercing feeling flooded your chest As you hissed with pain.

You placed your hands over the place.

Over the place that bullet took your life .

Or well, old life now .

The phone had fallen and clattered to the floor with a thump .

You hunched over holding your chest as you bit your lip from pain .

'I'm guessing this is what they call phantom pains ...'

As fast as the pain came, it left .

You sighed, rubbing your chest with your hand as the pain faded.