Dark Elf Tribe Arc

I don't own the Overlord(オーバーロードŌbārōdo?) novel or anime series created by Kugane Maruyama.

Please enjoy the story!

After destroying the kingdom, Ainz decides to travel to the Dark Elf kingdom. To learn about the culture of Dark elfs.

The Dark Elves lived in a vast mountainous area between the borders of the Re-Estize Kingdom and Argland Council State.

The vast mountain range of Lotrs that stretched all the way from the northern ocean to the great trade city of E-Asenaru concealed many secrets with its harsh weather and thick black forest which was called the Black Woods of Lotrs. It was said that hundreds of years ago this place had been the battlefield where a ferocious demon god clashed with members of the legendary thirteen heroes and was beaten and later sealed. To this day, few dared enter those forest out of fear of what demonic remnants may be left. This was all the better for the dark elves that lived in these parts as they generally hated coming into contact with other creatures and enjoyed an isolated lifestyle where the forest was the only thing they needed to depend on in order to survive.

Currently, Ainz, Aura, and Mare are riding on Hamsuke's through the jungle road.

Ainz can learn about Dark Elfs from the old books of the Kingdom. Which only the royal family and nobles had the right to reads. However, after occupying the Kingdom, all the property of the kingdom came under the control of Ainz.

...

Aura, Mare, and Ainz who wore the armor of Momon were casually seated in a custom made saddle with the twins in front and Ainz at the back. As they traversed the woods, they seemed not the least bit concerned with their surroundings and in fact the two twin elves were even a little excited and happy to be riding with their beloved lord.

"Ainz-sama, are you sure we need to go to the dark elf settlement by riding Hamsuke? I've already been there before when I scouted out the place so teleporting there would be much faster, no?"

Aura sounded curious as she naturally knew that there was a reason for everything that her master did but still wanted to be enlightened by his wisdom if only to grasp his intentions a little better.

"No, Aura, remember we are coming here as peaceful envoys to forge relationships between the Sorcerer kingdom and this clan of dark elves. If we teleport on their doorstep, it will be all the more difficult to be seen as friendly."

Ainz chuckled slightly underneath his helmet as he spoke. In truth, there were two objectives to this journey. One was as said to establish friendly relationships with this nation of dark elves. But secondly and most important for Ainz...

This was a mission to find more friends and playmates for Aura and Mare.

Ainz naturally understood that it was far too early for them to be looking for lovers or the sort, but the fact remained that unlike the rest of Nazarick, they had no other companions of the same species. Nazarick had only two dark elves because they were the favorite fantasy race of Bukubuku Chagama-sama. Ainz knew that they managed just fine with just the two of them, but it was difficult to make real friends with the other residents when most treated them with such respect due to their status as floor guardians. When Ainz learned about the Dark Elf Tribe from the old books of the kingdom and the threat of the World Class Item user diminished, it was the perfect opportunity to go and visit.

"By the way, Aura, how much further is it?"

Ainz gave Aura a meaningful look as his question was not as simple as it appeared.

"It is still about half a day's travel to their lair but..."

Aura gave a quick glance around as if surveying her surroundings despite their not appearing to be around them except trees.