Chapter 30: Spend the night

Azalea's pov:

The time I feared was now near. Night. I have to sleep in the same room with this fucking idiot.

"How are we gonna sleep?" I asked.

"Well..." He smirked.

"Say something stupid and I will tie you down to that couch."

"Spoiling all the fun." He pouted. "I'll take the couch."

"That's an awfully small couch, your legs would not even fit."

"It's okay I'll manage."

"No, We're fully grown adults. We can share the bed."

"You sure? I mean, you sure you won't cuddle?" He joked.

"Oh shut up!" I rolled my eyes and walked to the bed.

I placed the two extra pillows in the middle, leaving space on the two sides for the both of us. As I fixed the sheet, Leo passed me a "dear god what did I get myself into" look. Sucks to suck, doesn't it?

Without passing him a second glance, I quickly crawled into the cold but heavy white sheets and shut my eyes as I turned away from him.

"Goodnight Tesoro." He said as he dimmed the lights and crawled into the bed on the other side of the pillow barrier.

Ugh that stupid name. That beautiful, stupid name.

I couldn't sleep at all. 3 hours at max I'd say it had been before Leo's unpalatable alarm rang violently.

"Ugh! Snooze the damn thing before I break it!" I grunted as I turned towards him.

"Grumpy today are we?" He laughed as he pulled the blinds up to let the sunlight through.

"Laugh again and I will break all your teeth." I rubbed my eyes.

"Didn't sleep well?"

"No shit."

"Sei così cattivo con me tesoro (you're so mean to me treasure)"

"Stai zitto (shut up)."

"C'mon now you should be nice to your roommate."

"You shouldn't be my roommate!" I rolled my eyes. "Ugh, anyway, I have to go to the venue and help the others today. Don't fucking disturb me."

"I'm going to the venue too, Lea." He stated as if it was obvious.

"Oh. Amazing!" I commented sarcastically.

[At the wedding venue]

"Lea, can you go put the streamers up there." Mom requested.

"Yeah sure, let me get the ladder." I said, taking the long golden-white streamers from her hand.

As I was wrapping the ribbons around the rope wires, the ladder trembled and I fell...into a pair of big, muscular arms, inked and bronzed.

"You should be more careful with these, Tesoro." He looked into my eyes, tightening his grip on me. "You would've gotten hurt."

"Why do you care? now put me down."

"Thank you for saving me, Leo... No problem Lea." He mimicked what was supposed to be us apparently.

"Thank you, Leo. Now let go of me."

"Never."

"I have to put the streamers up."

"I'll help you then."

"No need."

"I didn't ask."

He held the legs of the ladder as I continued putting up the decorations, occasionally shaking it to scare me. My work was done quickly and I moved on to my next job to which Leo followed me as well.