Chapter Four

One Day

"You called for me, president?" Catarina opened the door of her boss's office after knocking.

"Yes, Catarina." Raging told her to come inside. "Report the progress of HEAVENS' new album to me."

"Yes." She stood straighter. "It has been progressing very well. All of the solo songs have been recorded. Currently, we're working on the lyrics of the group song."

"I see. I hope you won't disappoint me."

"Of course," she spoke confidently. "I can assure you this album will top the charts as well. HEAVENS won't lose to anyone."

"I'll hold on to your words then."

Nodding, she smiled. "Please listen to Eiichi and Eiji's songs closely. I'm sure you'll feel proud of them."

"Hmm..." He turned his chair to the other side. "I'll keep it in mind. You may leave now."

"Excuse me." With a bow, she made her way to the door. Just as her hand touched the handle,

"That boy...."

She turned her head around. "Pardon?"

". . . Is Eiichi treating you well?"

You don't mean to ask whether he's . . . . following your mistakes, do you?

"As you can see, I've never been happier," she answered with a beam.

"That's satisfactory then." With another smile, she left the office. Compared to before, his words seem softer and lighter. Years ago, who would've thought that this man would turn out like this? ....I hope the relationship between the three of them keeps improving steadily, even if it takes a lot of time.

*  * *  * * *  *

"Finally, the day has come for us to work on our song together." Shion claimed. "Amakusa has been awaiting this day."

"Were you lonely when you were working alone?" Eiji asked.

"Of course. Amakusa was counting the days till we could work together again." Catarina patted the albino boy on the head. Shion really loves HEAVENS, doesn't he? 

Van cried, "There's so many things I want to express to the angels!"

Kira nodded. "I'm excited."

"Yosh! Let's start writing the lyrics right away!" Yamato pumped his fists.

"Yes," nodded Eiichi, "let's start by writing whatever feelings we want to convey."

I look forward to seeing how this will turn out. 

"Ah!" Shion cried, midway through the lyrics writing session. "How did..."

"Shion,you're hurt!" Being the first one to notice his friend's paper cut , Eiji jumped up. Before anyone could react, Eiji ran inside and came back with a band-aid. "This will stop the bleeding. It'll be alright so don't worry."

The one who's worrying too much is you, Eiji. Even Shion doesn't feel hurt by a paper cut. Catarina and Nagi sweatdropped at the brunette's display of concern, both having the same thought in mind.

"Thank you, Eiji. As always, you're really kind."

"Eh? No,no, this was nothing muc-oh!" As he returned to his seat, his pencil slipped from his grasp and started rolling on the floor. Everyone's attention naturally went there. The pencil rolled and rolled until it went under the shelf.

"I'll go-" Just as Eiichi was going to stand up, Yamato walked past him.

"Here we go..." In the blink of an eye, the tall blonde moved the shelf away from its original position. "Oi Eiji, take your pencil."

"Y-Yes! Thanks, Yamato!"

"Wouldn't one normally try to get it from under the shelf?" Nagi deadpanned.

"Yamato wouldn't," blankly stated Kira.

Catarina muttered as Yamato moved the shelf back. "And he removed it like it's no big deal." Brutal strength, I guess. 

*  * *  * * *  *

Nagi unknowingly rubbed his hands together. It was their jacket shooting for their album.

"You guys look really good!" Catarina complimented.

"Good! With this, HEAVENS seems to have truly become one!"

"Yes," Eiji agreed with his brother, "these outfits are comfortable to move in as well."

"It compliments the sky." Yamato slung an arm around Kira's shoulders, "We'll bring out the best of these outfits."

"All of us have donned similar clothes. Ah. . . . . Amakusa's heart is filled to the brim."

"The solo shots are first,guys," she reminded them, "then we'll put them together for the cover."

The shoot began with Eiichi; followed by Shion and Kira. When the staff were getting the background ready for Nagi's turn, Catarina noticed something.

"Come to think of it.... Nagi, you've been really quiet today. What's wrong?" At this, the attention of the rest went to the youngest member.

Yamato pointed out, "Yeah, you haven't bragged about your cuteness at all."

"I don't brag!" He protested. "It's a given fact."

"Could it be, Nagi-chan...." Van stood up and went to the pinkette. "...that you're nervous about being the centre?"

"N-Nervous?" Heat rose to his soft cheeks and he faced away from them with a huff. "There's no way I can be nervous! I know the cutest shot captured will be mine."

So, he's actually nervous. What to do...?

While Catarina thought of ways to dispel his worries, Van got into action. Without a word, he went behind Nagi and started tickling the boy from behind.

"V-Van....what ar-are you...." Nagi continued squirming and laughing, barely being able to speak. "S-Stop....mou....V-Van.."

"Okay, as you say, Nagi-chan." Nagi finally got to catch his breath after the eldest let him go. Putting his hands on his hip, he glowered at him.

"Van, what was that for?!"

"That's not right, Nagi-chan." Van shook his head. "The cutest centre oughta smile like this." Saying that, Van pulled his own cheeks after giving a lopsided smile, attempting to make a funny face. It was successful. 

Nagi snickered. "Pfft...what's with this?"

Seeing himself successful, Van grinned. "Yup, that's the cheerful smile I'm lookin' for."

"You should worry about yourself instead of me." The grey eyed idol turned around. Looking at him, a load seemed to have come down from his shoulder. "Don't forget Nagi is the universe's miracle cute idol." And, Nagi's brilliant smile didn't falter anymore. The rest of the shoot went off without a hitch.

The resulting visual gave a refreshing and dynamic vibe. The white feathers that danced in the surroundings held their insatiable gratitude for the angels.

"Of the birth of the world...."

"while daybreak sings...."

"The freshness of the morning nurtured..."

"The brilliance of the midday..."

"And the twilight shouts with joy..."

"And to hug the dusk..."

"The night cherishes each other..."

"A blessing that rains down every time the sky changes.......One Day!"

To Be Continued.