Chapter Three

Tasogare Hugging

The air. . . . . . . felt different. It was heavier, thicker and silent. The usual chatter on the breakfast table was absent.

Nagi eyed his two sides and closed in to the person to his right, Yamato. In a voice for only Yamato to hear, he whispered, "I don't like it a bit when mom and dad fight."

Yamato whispered back, "No kidding."

The reason behind the change in atmosphere was the Otori couple. Eiichi and Catarina had a fight, which could be deemed as their biggest fight ever out of all the rare fights they had. It had been a whole day and they still hardly looked at each other.

The cause of their fight: music. Catarina was in charge of composing the opening theme of the series where Eiichi starred as the protagonist. However, as unusual as it was, the views on the direction of the song clashed. It took an unpleasant turn and they ended up losing their tempers. No words had been exchanged since then.

At first, the rest of HEAVENS hadn't thought much of their fight; since they always made up soon after. But now that more than a whole day had passed with no signs of amity, they were starting to feel troubled.

Both of them ate in complete silence. Shion and Eiji watched them with concerned eyes and Kira and Van observed them. They kept racking their brains to help them reconcile.

When they finished eating at the same time, their eyes met. The hopeful eyes watching them were disappointed when they hadn't shared a single word or smile, instead promptly turned away from each other.

In the end, they didn't even talk once during breakfast.

*  * *  * * *  *

Van went to the roof of their agency only to find Catarina quietly staring at the setting sun. "Na-chan~"

"Van!" She flinched,eyes widening. "You scared me."

He giggled apologetically. "My bad." Leaning against the railing, he stared at her before looking up at the orange sky. "What do ya think of the sunset, Na-chan?"

She turned to the brunette. "Huh? That's an unexpected question." She had guessed he would ask her about Eiichi or anything regarding their fight earlier.

"It's just a random question." Van shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "So?"

"Sunset...." The lady fell in deep thought. "Looking at the sunset gives... a heartrending and bittersweet feeling?"

"I see....." He turned around. "As for me, it reminds me of my childhood."

"Your childhood...?" She repeated. The male nodded. "Mind tagging with me, Na-chan?"

"Sure but where to?"

"You'll see."

"I'm so worn out...!" Catarina plopped on the grass. What happened, in short, was that Van had dragged her to a field and they ended up playing baseball. It was fun.

Van sat down next to her and stretched his limbs. "This reminds me of my childhood."

"Hmm?"

"When I was still a child, I'd play outside until the sun was down." Van chuckled at his memory, "even though mom would scold me for being outside till so late, I didn't regret it. That's why, sunset reminds me so much of those times, my childhood memories."

"So, that's what you meant."

"..."

"Van?"

Just as Catarina turned around to glance at her friend, his soft singing voice filled her ears. He started singing his latest solo, which they had completed recording just a few days ago. His voice sounds.... so comforting. I love this song so much.....So,why does it seem to be pulling at my heartstrings?