Chapter 9 The Night Shift

Thinking all of this I was devastated. My mom would murder me for her job. What kind of a mom does that?

Luke untied me. I felt like a freed slave. He told me it won't be necessary for me to be tied as I will be free in few days.

Sleeping on the solid floor made my body ache. I twitched both sides making myself comfortable but nothing of them helped. Part of my heart was aching thinking all what happened.

This time I wanted my Dad to call the police and I could be rescued. At times I thought that it is better to do as my mom says and she will let me free. But I wanted to know what is this chip about. Why is this so important?

Footsteps drew closer and I saw shadows at the door. The door opened but this was not Luke. He was short and looked like he was in his forties. He looked eerie and unnatural. For some purpose I hoped for Luke to assist me.

"Well hello! Look who's here, little miss cutie" (in Sinhala) he grinned be placed himself next to me on the the cement floor.

I moved a certain extent away from him. I knew something bad was waiting for me. Dreadful thoughts emerged.

What will he do to me?

"Oh don't worry I won't do anything to you" he simpered " I am gentle".(in Sinhala)

He gave me a sandwich and a bottle of water. I gobbled them fast as I could and gulped the whole bottle of water.

"Slow down. I won't eat your food" (in Sinhala) he chuckled.

He drew closer to me. I couldn't go much farther as I was leaning to the wall.

"Can you call Lu..Luke? I am mo..more comfortable with him" (in Sinhala) I was frightened and mystified.

The only person I could trust is Luke. It was only a day I was with him but I was confident enough to trust him. He helped me when I was in an urge to pee that was enough for me to trust him.

He got up from the floor and he was furious. I didn't know was he really angry. I just asked Luke to help me in anything. I didn't say anything bad.

He took out a bottle from his pocket took out some sort of tablets and swallowed them.

"Do you trust that guy? He is a jerk?"(in Sinhala) He barked.

"I don't think so.. he has been good to me"(in Sinhala) I replied.

"Oh do you think so?" (in Sinhala)

He took the chair and banged it on the floor. The chair broke into wooden pieces. He took one of them and started beating me. I cried to death.

"I am sorry.. I didn't mean to hurt you, please let me go" (in Sinhala) I cried in pain "your better than him, I promise.. please stop!"

He stopped the beating and threw the wooden stick on the floor. He saw me weeping and came towards me. I covered my face with my hands for defence. He hugged me. I wanted to push him but I feared he would beat me again.

"I am sorry.. did I hurt you? Oh my god! what did I do? I am really sorry sweetheart" (in Sinhala)

Sweetheart?

His reactions were unpredictable. I knew he wasn't a person to mess around. After few apologizes, he threw open the door and stormed out closing with a loud thud.

My eyes turned on waterworks.

What the hell happened now?

I removed to check if I had any wounds. The cuts were deep I didn't have any way to reduce my pain. The bruises made me more difficult to sleep. I was anticipated to leave this second-rate place in less than no time.