CHAPTER 3: Meet

Everyone turned back when the heavy metal door creaked open and stared as a small white silhouette drifted in.

"Go tell our heavenly kings." A dark haired man with slanted eyes turned to one of the members. "The ransom money has come."

A pale little boy walked slowly in and turned to the closest man. 

"Excuse me, sir.", Shin said, staring into the tall figure in front of him, "I am here to ransom my brother back." 

"Akuito Kotsuki?"

"Yes."

"Money?"

He held the backpack up and patted it lightly.

The man lifted his hand to take the bag, but the small boy quickly shoved it aside.

"No money until I see my brother, please."

The surprised man stared at her and smirked.

"Got some punk there, don't ya, Pretty Boy? Come here, you'll see him soon." 

He shoved the tiny figure further into the crowd.

Shin stumbled for a few steps then stood up straight.

A group of men was standing before her, staring deep into her eyes.

"Pretty Boy is here to ransom his Crybaby brother back!", the man behind him roared.

The tiny boy calmly faced them all, head held high, his cold wide turquoise eyes looked back at everyone that looked at him.

Everything seems even chillier in the night sky.

"Well, since Boss is busy with Kisaki, I'll handle this Pretty Boy." A lanky man with braided blond-and black hair chuckled to break the silence as he stood up and approached him.

"Hi~! What a pretty face, huh, big eyes, small mouth, tiny nose, smooth skin~ Really, I'm ready to break the neck of the person that punched you. Such a painful bruise for my little boy. What is your name, my boy?"

The boy looked at him agitatedly.

Wow, three minutes since I walk in and I've already gotten myself a suck ass nickname and become someone's possession.

"Shin." He said, before muttering under his breath, "And I'm not your boy."

Judging by how close he is to Shin, he'd probably heard it, but he only smiled and went on.

"Oh, really~! So you don't want to tell me your whole name? But okay. Welcome to Tenjiku, Shin. My name is Ran. Ran Haitani. You've probably heard it somewhere, right~!"

"I don't know you." was Shin's sharp reply.

Are you some kind of celebrity? Cause I don't really give a shit.

"Ouch~ Why do you have to be so rude to me, my boy? Strange that you've never heard my name~ I rule Roppongi, you know? With my brother, Rindou Haitani right there." 

Another man in glasses with blond hair and green highlight nodded and waved his hand. Shin didn't turn to see him.

"So where do you live, little puppy?"

Shin's eyebrows slightly furrowed above her chillingly deep eyes. He cringed slightly at the nickname continuously thrown at him.

"I am quite sure you know where I live."

"True, true. We were the one who handed in the notes at your door. But can't you drop that cold attitude when you're talking to me~? I'm so hurt whenever you talk politely and distantly as if I'm a stranger, Shin-kun~"

Shin frowned as he repeated.

"I don't know you, sir."

Ran Haiani looked at her and pretended to be hurt. "Why~ We are not strangers! You know my name! And did you just called me "sir"? My, my,  you sound just like a pretty little maid of mine. How old are you, my maid?"

"I don't think this is necessary for the transaction, sir."

"Ouch. That attitude again. But sure, if you don't want this old man to know your age~!" Haitani sighed as he gestured to his subordinate. "Bring that Crybaby out."

He turned to Shin again and looked at him with adoring eyes.

"Now now, aren't you a sweet brother-loving child? I bet you call him Aniki or Oni-chan. Boy, I wish I have such a deliciously cute baby brother like him. My brother is too old for any of that, you know~! So surprising that your family agreed to double the ransom money just so that we do not hit him. I've fought with him before,  and unfortunately I won, but he is a strong fighter on his own. Really, he shouldn't have talked such shit about Tenjiku~! He wouldn't have been kidnapped if he hadn't. How brave of you to have gone all by yourself to ransom him back, brave puppy!"

"Boss, I've untied him." A man said, shoving a tall blond boy forwards.

Shin nodded as he held the back up in front of Ran.

He smiled and held to the bag, not forgetting to touch Shin's hand.

"Um hmm. Lucky boy, go to your baby now~! Really, this family really does have good genes. Both of you are so pretty."

Akuito looked at Ran fearfully and held his head down. He trudged towards Shin.

"Let's go now."

Shin stopped dead in his tracks, her scathingly cold eyes fixed on the face before her.

"Not yet, brother."

p/s: Since it's from the third narrative, no one knows Shinae and she looks like a boy now, she is mentioned as "he" in the chapter. (just clarifying Xb)