i can't trust you guys.... i can't trust anybody

Karai- since when did the hamato clan decide to defend the new Watchman?

Leonardo- we're not defending, we'll take care of it later, the biggest problem here is you.

New Watchman- that's not quite true.... but if you want, I'll come back another time.

Raphael- no ma'am, you'll be fine here.

New Watchman- good luck with the foot clan. i'm retreating.

after saying this, the hooded girl pushed Karai out of the way and started running towards the roofs using the fire escapes. Leonardo rolled his eyes and not wanting to waste any more time, advanced with his brothers against the Foot clan leaving the new Vigilante to be resolved after the fight.

Karai- you can't be left out even once, can you?

Raphael- kind of hard when you guys are plotting.

Karai- that girl has something we want and we're going to get it, even if it means having to go through you first.

Leonardo- So, what are you waiting for?

Karai- you know how to make a fight fun... even if you're the one going to lose.

Michelangelo- someone will be upset about the end of this fight.

Donatello- I fully agree.

TimeSkip

after a few minutes of fleeing to get away from the Docks, the hooded girl was sitting on one of the many terraces looking out over the bustle of the city smiling slightly under the mask she wore over her mouth.

New Watchman- coming to New York, was by far one of the best choices I've ever made, this city has everything I could want... fun, hustle, danger... I have a feeling I'm going to love it here.

Raphael- I caught!!

The hooded girl was then suddenly pulled back by Raphael, who appeared with his brothers. The hooded girl moaned in annoyance at seeing the turtles again.

New Watchman- oh no, you guys no again.

Michelangelo- surprise!

Leonardo- what's your name hooded girl?

New Watchman- why? who wants to know?

Leonardo narrowed his eyes and gritted his teeth at the girl Raphael was holding, and in an act of impatience, he lifted the hood that covered the hooded girl's head and then Leonardo widened his eyes along with his brothers.

Leonardo- Skyline?!

Sky- hello there.

Skyline blinked at Leonardo and tried to move so she could finally remove the mask covering her mouth, but remembered she was still being held by Raphael.

Sky- let me go.

Raphael then released Skyline and she took off her mask and cloak, then looked at the brothers.

Donatello- So are you the new Watchman?

Sky- well, as you can see, i am yes.

Leonardo- but why?

Sky- oh please, don't be so self-centered. You can't just think they can be the only heroes of a city.

Leonardo- you already have Trouble with the Foot clan, being the new vigilante will only make your situation worse.

Sky- Do you think I didn't think about that when I became a vigilante? don't try to turn me into an enemy because unlike the Clan of the Foot I'm here to defend the city and not the other way around.

Leonardo- I'm not saying you're being a bad person, I'm just saying you're doing things the wrong way, we can protect the city ourselves, you can live a normal life, so go home and-

Sky- I don't have a normal life anymore, don't you understand?!?!?!

after Sky exploded, the brothers were looking at her like they weren't waiting for that answer.

Sky- Do you know what the police do with children who have lost their parents to criminals who have no reason to shoot people who don't react to the attack? well, I'll tell you what happens or the police send the child to another caregiver or to an orphanage, the second option is what the police gave me. I spent years in a damn orphanage and when I finally got out of there, I swore I'd catch the bad guys who killed my parents and then rid the cities of that same problem... and I intend to stick to my oath.

Skyline then hugged her body as she stared at the floor as tears formed in her eyes.

Sky- do you know how hard this is? to know that you have nothing left because they took everything from you? without Knockout and Shimmer I would be so alone I would have died a long time ago....my option is to keep fighting....and that's what I'm going to do.

Leonardo- but-

at that moment a roar was heard and when the brothers looked back and noticed that Knockout was flying towards them, the four brothers ducked quickly as Knockout passed over them and landed beside Skyline using one of his paws to pull the human body. in a hug while the dragon looked at the turtles as if he wanted to kill them.

Sky- Knockout.... it's all right.

Leonardo- Skyline i-

Sky- you're sorry i know.. that's what they all say.... anyway, it ends here and now.... it's time for me to go.

Donatello- Skyline, let us talk, we just want to talk to you!

Sky- but i don't want to talk to you guys.

Michelangelo- we're not against you, we just want to show that we're the good guys, that you can trust us.

Sky- no i can't trust you guys... i can't trust anybody..... take us home Knockout.

Leonardo- You don't know us Sky, you don't know who we are, but you won't really know who we are if you don't try.

Sky- Sorry.... I cant.

after saying that, Skyline climbed onto Knockout's back and the dragon flapped its wings blending into the dark night sky. Leonardo sighed and turned to walk towards the lair.

Leonardo- let's go... the patrol is over for today.

as the siblings started to walk away, Skyline couldn't help but watch everything from above as the tears streamed down her face, Skyline ran a hand down her cheek and grabbed Knockout burying her face in his neck.