06: detention

"Thank you for today, Sunghoon."

Sunghoon turned his body facing the girl and smiled, "No. Thank you for today, Haesoo. You helped me a lot. I can't do anything without you."

Haesoo lowered her head as she got so shy after listening to his compliment about her. Sunghoon noticed how shy she was right now and couldn't help but chuckle because she was so humble. He held the girl's wrist causing her to look at him blankly and put a chocolate on her palm.

"This is my favorite chocolate."

Haesoo blink her eyes in confusion,
"Then why did you give it to me?"

"It's better to share my favorite things with you."He shortly replied but still could make the girl blush at his words again.

Haesoo walked towards the gate of her house and faced Sunghoon for the last time before they separated.

"Goodbye."

"Goodbye too, Haesoo."

They waved their hand and took a step away, separating from each other as it was already late to go home.

"Haesoo?" Sunghoon called.

"Yes?"

"Will you come to the ice skating competition?"

"Do you want me to come?"She joked but Sunghoon immediately nodded in response.

"I want you to come." He confidently said.

Haesoo just nodded and immediately ran into the house without replying and taking a glance at Sunghoon who was watching him while holding his laughter. Haesoo hid behind the wall, keep shaking her head with her hand on her cheeks as it suddenly got so hot to be with that guy.

"This feels like a dream."

~~

  After a few minutes of taking a shower, Haesoo finally came out from the bathroom and sat on the bed where she put her phone was. She took the phone and raised her eyebrows in confusion when she got a call from Jay. She didn't expect the guy will call her this late-night and she thought Sunghoon was the one who was calling for her since they have just exchanged numbers earlier. Haesoo took a minute to answer and waited for Jay to speak.

"You dummy. Why didn't you answer my call earlier? The phone that I bought for you is not from world war 2. Did you often use public phones instead of mobile phones?"

Haesoo gasped, "Why are you so mad at me, Jay? Chill..."

"It's because you didn't answer my call."

"Alright. I'm sorry. What do you want to talk about?"

"Man magazine--"

"No. Not again." Haesoo immediately ended the call and laid on the bed. After a minute, Jay called for her again.

"Why did you skip the detention? Mrs.Jang was calling for everyone earlier and only you and Sunghoon haven't replied to the text."

Haesoo lost her words and started to stutter,
"Did she search for me--?"

"Of course. Since you skipped the detention, Mrs.Jang forced Jiyoon to replace you to get the penalty tomorrow. Jiyoon was crying so bad and begging the teacher like there's no tomorrow."

"She got the penalty because of you."

"What--- Where's the conversation? Let me reply--"