Chapter 37: Kids

Okay I know I said this one will be the wedding but I wanted to spend more time with the kids. I mean I feel like they barely make an appearance so this is me fixing it ^^

Four days have past since Hati and Noctis left to tell the town the wonderful news of the marriage and two more will need to pass for them to get back. Maybe a little bit longer but it's hard to say really. Meanwhile the days have been nothing but perfect for everyone at the log house. Clear sky's with a few clouds to give some diversity. A little bit of wind now and then to give a cool refreshing sensation. Although the wind came in short, strong burst it was never enough to be annoying or bothersome.
The house itself emitted and atmosphere of warmth and comfort, with its two fireplaces roaring with soothing orange flames and the piles of cozy warm fur rugs littering the furniture and occupants. Surprisingly only Ahri and Y/n were inside, hugging and embracing each other. Every once in a while they would stare into each others eyes before passionately kissing and further cuddling into one another.

As for the wolves most were still out and about, hunting elk to feed potentially the whole town and finding enough dead wood to use for multiple fires. In fact the only wolf not working is Dharma as she is being lead by James. Where to, she does not know but the friendship they have built instilled a trust between them that not even the pack has with her. Strange for a wolf to trust a boy more than her own pack.
They had been walking since early in the morning and still no sign of stopping. How much further, when will we stop, what does he want to show me? All these questions raced through her mind as they continued forth. Eventually they can to a large stone structure on the side of the mountains which allowed the formation of a small cave. The cave traveled up in the mountain and stopped 30 meters in. The smell of burnt wood and James' scent lingered here.

Dharma: "What us this place?"

She asked as a small clicking noise came from James.

James: "Its a surprise!"

He sounded innocent, as usual, but for him to have made a surprise for her is a first. A few more clicks from James and a fire arose from the centre of the dead end. The flames lit the walls, floor and ceiling of the cave, revealing beautiful green moss with white, pink and violet flowers. But something wasn't natural about them... they... formed a certain shape. With the flickering of the flames it was hard for Dharma to make out so she got closer for a better look. The closer she got the more clear it became and soon she was staring at a flower made picture of her and James sleeping next to each other.

Dharma: "h-how did... you... do this James?"

He was shy of his work but excited at the same time.

James: "I... I asked mom if she could make it!"

Dharma: "But... Why?"

With a big smile he said.

James: "Because it's always nice to give your best friend a gift!"

He is too innocent for this world, she thought to herself as she walked up to James and gently sat him down by putting her head on top of his. She lay down behind him to act as a fluffy back rest.

Dharma: "Thank you James. This is a wonderful gift."

His smile only grew.

James: "And if you are ever sad and want to be alone you can come here! I'll always come to cheer you up!!"

His energy is getting too much to control and Dharma can hear it. It makes sense since he must have been wanting to show her this place the moment it was finished. Such a sweet boy. She put her tail on his lap to act as a warm blanket and to try and make him sleepy. Nothing like fluffy fur to make one sleepy.
It worked as James gave a small yawn and lay back into Dharma. No words were spoken between the two as the child fell asleep against a watchful wolf.