Proposals and Flying Turtles

Start bij het begin

"I know what you mean." Chat said. "Marinette's only been gone a week but it feels like forever." Carapace rolled over onto his stomach and propped himself up on his elbows.

"But you could have flown over to Milan to see Marinette if you wanted to. Don't you guys have that power up wing thing?"

Chat sat up. "You mean the space power up? We aren't supposed to use our powers for personal reasons." He said. "Otherwise I would end up using up all my power up camembert. I tell you what though, it's like nothing you've ever experienced."

"What? Flying?"

"Not just the flying, but going into space." Chat laid back down and looked up to the sky. "There is something really surreal about looking back at the Earth while being weightless."

"I kind of saw that back when we got stuck on Startrain." Carapace said.

"Nah, that was nothing." Chat dismissed. "Being in the great void like that, it's...it's almost like a spiritual experience. Just me and Ladybug and not another soul or sound."

"You sure it was the power up and you're not just imagining the honeymoon?"

"Shut up." Chat said, finishing off his beer.

Carapace looked at him thoughtfully. "So why won't Ladybug give out power ups to the rest of us?"

Chat shrugged. "Maybe because some of the ingredients are hard to come by? I never asked her really. What's that saying - ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die."

"I think you quoted that wrong and Dude, you take that way too literally sometimes."

"What can I say?" Chat sighed. "She's my everything. Dying sometimes seems like a small price to pay for the love of my life."

Carapace made gagging noises and Chat gave him a playful shove. "Come on, you're just as sappy about Alya."

"Your influence is rubbing off on me." Carapace said flippantly. Chat leaned over and rubbed his head on Carapaces shoulder.

"I'll share my irresistible charms onto you. Alya won't be able to say no."

"Get off me you dumb cat, I don't want to smell like your rotten camembert." Carapace said, pushing Chat off him with both hands. Chat fell onto his back, laughing hard. "Seriously though, do you think Ladybug would let me use the space power up? Just for one night?"

Chat gave him a sceptical look. "I'd give you one of mine, but you just insulted my kwami's cheese."

Carapace screwed up his nose. "Yeah, not sure I could stomach that one." He dangled a leg off the edge of the roof and leaned back. "But I really do want to do something special to propose to Alya. I wouldn't take her up to space obviously, but a quick trip around the city before finding the perfect place to ask the question."

"I have a rooftop you can borrow." Chat offered. "I'll help you set up."

"That would be awesome."

"And I'll ask about the power up. I can't make any promises though. She's the Guardian and has the final say."

"I know, I know." Carapace nodded. "I could just picture Alya's face though if I showed up with wings on." His eyes then knitted into a frown. "What would I call myself?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, Ladybug is Cosmobug, your Astrocat, I would need a name too."

Both boys sat up and contemplated. Cat scratched behind his cat ears. "Hmmm, what do you call a flying turtle?"

"That's it, I don't know."

"A shellicopter." Chat cracked up at his own joke while Carapace groaned.

"How the hell does Ladybug put up with you?" He bemoaned. "You're supposed to be helping me out here man."

"I'm sorry." Chat said as his laughter subsided and he wiped a tear from his mask. "But you walked right into that one."

"How about that?" Carapace said excitedly. "Moonwalker."

Chat shook his head. "It doesn't sound like you."

"Maybe Starshell?"

Chat shook his head again.

"Caradust?"

"As in eat my Caradust?"

Carapace's face fell flat. "You're right, that does suck."

Then Chat's face lit up with an idea. "I know, Caraspace."

"Caraspace." The turtle hero repeated. Then he smiled. "Yeah, I like that one. Caraspace." He said again, swiping his hand across the air as though the name were to be written in lights.

Chat's stick phone dinged with a message.

M'lady - Hey there Kitty, just got in through the door. I'm a bit tired to patrol now, but I'm sure you and Carapace had fun. Going to run a bath now, feel free to come and join me ;)

"Sorry bro, got to love you and leave. I have a better offer."

"Dudeeee." Carapace drawled with a dramatic hand to his forehead. "I thought we had something here."

Chat laughed as the two stood up and wrapped each other up in a hug. "You know I love you man."
Chat said.

"Yeah yeah, go back to your penthouse and your fiancée while I crawl back to my lonely one bedroom apartment. Now make sure you ask Marinette about that power up."

"Don't worry about it." Chat said full of confidence. "You know Marinette can't ever say no to the one and only Adrien Agreste."

She said no.