Teeth

Inspired from the song "Teeth" by 5 Seconds of Summer. Marriage to Lila wasn't what Felix thought it was going to be, yet he can't seem to walk away. Will Felix listen to Adrien and Marinette's advice, or will Lila sink her teeth back into him.

Félix rolled over in the bed trying to avoid the slither of light that broke through the curtains of the Bourgois hotel. It was too early to be awake, for him at any rate. He reached his arm across the bed looking for someone who wasn't there. Cold, the sheets were stone cold, just like her heart he thought bitterly. Félix knew he really shouldn't have been surprised. It's not like it was the first time she hadn't come home after an event. He was glad Paris fashion week was almost over so he could crawl back home to London and wallow in his own miseries alone. Even though Félix had seen the gossip reports that Lila had been spotted leaving last night's event with a Gucci model, he had hoped that maybe, just maybe, this time might have been different. It was just another in a long line of indiscrete indiscretions.

The pungent taste of last night's raid on the mini bar was infecting his dry mouth. It reminded him of her. Sweet and intoxicating in the beginning, he quickly became addicted to her, until the bitter after taste of morning hit. The harsh light of day reminding him just what she was - what kind of girl he had married. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Félix ignored the vibration of his phone on the nightstand beside him. He didn't want to hear from her right now, she would only tell him another lie about where she had been in that seductive honey tone of hers. The phone vibrated again briefly and he knew she had left a voicemail.

Pulling himself out of bed, Félix shielded his eyes from the light in the bathroom and splashed water on his face, trying to sober up. Looking in the mirror, he hardly recognised the disheveled mess looking back at him. The dark circles under his eyes made him look older than his 26 years. How did he let it come to this? Stuck in a sham marriage that he just can't walk away from, because he couldn't let her go. Dear god what was wrong with him?

Walking back into the bedroom, he picked up the phone and listened to the voice message.

"Félix honey, sorry I got held up last night, you know how it is when us girls get together. I'm heading off to the day spa with Chloé today. If I don't see you before, I'll meet you at the Style Queen after party, then you will have me all to yourself all night. Love you darling."

He knew he shouldn't let her affect him like this. He knew she sprouted nothing but lies dripping off her acid tongue, yet he can't stop the butterflies that flutter through him when he hears her voice. Memories of the nights when she gave him everything he wanted, even if it was all an illusion, infected his mind. He shook his head, trying to find some clarity, grasping the reality of the situation.

Unexpectedly the hotel room door opened and Lila breezed in as though she had just been on a shopping trip rather than having just crawled out of someone else's bed. She doesn't do walks of shame. You would have to actually feel shame to be embarrassed. Lila seemed surprised for a moment to see Félix still there, but she recovered quickly, giving him a bright innocent smile. "Félix darling, I thought you would have been at breakfast by now." She walked over to him and ran her hands up his chest before letting them come to rest behind his neck. Félix told himself that he shouldn't let her get to him, that he was stronger than his hormones, but damn it all her hands on him still made him weak at the knees. Lila reached up and pressed a kiss to his lips. He didn't react, but she ignored his forced lack of interest. "This room smells like a brewery." She quipped as she retreated back.

Félix simply shrugged his shoulders and watched her as she threw off her evening dress from the night before and changed into something more casual. She had the perfect figure, curved in all the right places. He got up and got a bottle of Perrier water out of the mini fridge, averting his eyes from watching her, from letting himself indulge in the glow of her honeyed skin and the curve of her spine, to the place just below the back of her neck where....Sitting on the edge of the bed he slowly drank the ice cold water, trying desperately to douse the fire inside.