Maddy crossed her arms. "You want me to decorate your new house while you go and politely ask my brother for your family back?"

Klaus held up a finger. "Our new house. Not just mine. You can select one of the empty rooms on the lower level later on and fill it with whatever you'd like. I'm going to have an art room. Perhaps you'd like a library of your own. Or a room full of records and CDs to listen to music. If you wish, I could paint one of the walls to be a gigantic world map where you could paste photographs of yourself there, to show all the places you've been."

"You really want me in the house today, huh?" she said. "You don't want me to be anywhere near you when you go and confront Damon."

"I'd rather you be safe. My sister has already hurt you. What's to say your brother won't threaten your life to get me to do his bidding?"

"He wouldn't do that."

"I wouldn't be so sure, love. I'd feel more comfortable if you were elsewhere. Busy, distracted."

She walked closer to him, putting her hand on his chest. "I'd rather decorate our house when you're there. So be a good boy and go and sit tight there while my little brother and I see if we can talk Damon out of a bad decision, hmm? And while you're at it, please get me a new phone, since you broke my other one. The SIM card should still be intact." She winked and placed the phone in his hand before blowing him a kiss and leaving the apartment.

Klaus rolled his eyes, but decided he ought to let her handle it.

Damon wasn't at the Boarding House (obviously). But Stefan was, having remained blissfully unaware of his elder brother's plot to ruin Klaus's life.

"He did what?" said Stefan in disbelief when Maddy relayed the phone call to him. "You're kidding me."

"I wish I was," she said. "Any idea where he could be?"

"No. I haven't seen him in a couple of hours. Damn it. Why would he do this? The hybrids weren't even bothering us anymore. Somehow you managed to convince Klaus to do everything we asked of him. As long as the hybrids aren't tearing through the townspeople, we're fine with it."

"Damon remains as impulsive as ever," said Maddy. "We need to get those coffins back ASAP. There's only so much I can do to keep Klaus from tearing through this entire friend group until Damon gives him what he wants. He doesn't want to send the hybrids away. They're the only ones that can really relate to him. I don't want to take that from him, especially when they're so harmless right now. They do whatever I ask of them. It's kind of cute."

"Well, of course they do what you ask of them. You're basically Klaus's wife at this point. In their eyes, at least. Denying you would be denying him."

"Do you think Bonnie would be willing to help with a Locator Spell? Or is that pushing our luck?"

"I don't know. I guess we need to ask to find out."

Bonnie didn't want to get in the middle of this conflict.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. "But Damon and I already have an awful relationship. If I help to reveal where he is, he'll kill me. And if I don't help, Klaus might just force me into helping anyway, so..."

Maddy winced. "Alright, then. It's okay... just please tell me you know another witch that can help?"

"The only other one I knew was Lucy Bennett, the one that was with Katherine at the Masquerade Ball."

"Ah, shit, I feel bad asking her, she literally just got out of helping vampires, and if we go to plead for her to get involved again..."

Bonnie sighed. "Sorry. I haven't exactly gotten too involved in the witch community to know many of them. Klaus would know some witches, wouldn't he?"