005 ; little little lies

"heads will roll

"heads will roll."

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

IT WAS THE NEXT DAY AT THE HOSPITAL, clara had been cleared to go home. that's all she was really worried about. but there was one thing she really was worried was about what happened the other day.

i mean, she knew chucky was alive, she knew he was bad, but why was he coming after the people she loved most. the rest of the day, she decided to just spend time with her sister and hope for the best.

THE NEXT DAY

"a few days ago," Mrs. F paused for a second, looking around at all of her students. "you were probably feeling shock, denial." she had been talking about oliver's death which hit clara pretty hard. oliver was always so mean to her but she appreciated the moments they had together.

clara cleared her throat, fidgeting with her pencil as she looked back at junior who had been staring back at her. "all of this is so much to take in. at this point you might be feeling pain and guilt." all of it hit clara, jakes dad was gone, so was annie, and now.. oliver. she didn't want to blame jake for all of this but..

"your feelings are valid and expected. we are all here for you. don't be afraid to talk to me or the counselor. you might just think i'm a biology teacher but feelings do start on the molecular level so okay let's pick back up where we left off." after the moments of silence, mrs. fairchild went back to teaching.

the door then opened, catching all of the eighth graders attention, it was devon's mom. both adults exchanged looks before looking back at her students "why dont you guys get started on the chapters questions. i'll be back." and with that, she left.

"how does he even move around so fast? he's a freaking doll." clara heard lexy's failed attempt at whispering, clara sat her pencil down and listened in on their conversation. "maybe he left hackensack." "no." "he's a physco back in his hometown on a mission." clara heard devon's voice "he's not leaving."

clara sighed before circling some answers in her biology book. "what do we do about clara and junior..?" that's when clara started to actually pay attention to them, she stood up and walked towards the table "you guys do know i can hear you right? can you not talk about me when i'm a desk away from you."

all three of them exchanged looks before looking back at clara "look clara i-" lexy started to speak, but hesitantly "no i don't.. want to hear it just all three of you... give me some space of my own and i'll give you yours." without saying anything else clara sat back in her seat, going about her day.

after the bell rang, clara stuffed her books into her bag, picking up the flowers off of her desk. she had bought flowers to put with some other flowers and teddy bears kids had put in front of oliver's locker. she walked out of the classroom and over towards oliver's locker.