002 ; give me something good to eat

"trick or treat"

"trick or treat"

━━━━━━・❪ ・━━━━━━

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK AFTER HIS DADS DEATH AND clara put on a pair of her patched pants along with a brown sweater which hung off of her shoulder a little and topped the outfit with some platform shoes, she brushed out her hair before french braiding it.

"clara let's go! you're gonna be late!" evelyn yelled from downstairs, she then sighed before grabbing her backpack, walking downstairs. "okay i'm ready let's go."

clara stood by herself once she got to school waiting for jake to show up, lexy, of course, stood by junior. clara's eyes practically lit up when she saw jake pull up. out stepped junior and jake not too long after.

clara put on a big smile before running towards him, hugging him tightly. "hi jake. oh my god. i missed you so much." it took her a while to let go but she finally did, she admired his face a little "how's everything going?" they both started walking towards the doors of the school, ignoring the whispers.

"it's been good but living with junior is like hell." she chuckled a little bit, she opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by someone. she turned around just to see oliver. "hey jake. clara. it's good to see you back. how are you." that's weird. oliver had never been this nice. jake and clara exchanged a look.

jake smiled slightly "thank you. i'm okay." oliver continued to look over at clara, clara admiring his features. "you didn't miss much." he started talking again. "Ms. F dropped a pop quiz and then juniors pissed about what you said about me and lex." jake was quick to defend himself "you mean what chucky said." oliver laughed "yeah, that shit was hilarious."

clara, oliver and jake all stopped. "look, jake, i just wanted to express my condolences." jake just nodded and looked over at him again, "thanks." oliver looked over at clara, before continuing again "and i wanted to apologize for every time i gave you and clara shit, that was not cool. i'm really sorry." the both of them shared a look before nodding "okay." they said in unison.

"i'm having a party tonight, and i think it'd be really good for you if you came." he looked over at clara "you too." jake looked over at clara before looking at oliver again "a halloween party?" "yep. costumes, coronas and candy. and we're not talking M&M's." clara nodded "i'll be there." she winked over at him before walking towards the doors, waiting for jake.

clara separated with jake who was now talking with devon as she stepped into Mrs. Fairchild's class. the day had gone by quickly, jake had asked clara if she wanted to come over to get ready for the party. she agreed but she'd have to leave to go get her costume.