Chapter 11: Code Names

"-Pro Hero, Endeavor was taken into police custody yesterday for suspected domestic violence, among other things, and after being interrogated by detectives these suspicions were confirmed-" Izuku was laying on the couch, in dog form, next to Mitsuki as both of them watched the reporter on the TV.

Izuku had managed to get that bastard put away and he did it without violence. For the forest thing, this was a win and he couldn't help but silently celebrate.

"Masaru, have you seen the news this morning?" Mitsuki questioned her husband who was cooking breakfast for the family. "I can't believe a hero would do that to his family!"

"What are you whining about, Hag?!" Katsuki yelled as he stalked into the living room with his everpresent scowl plastered on his face. What a lovely child.

"Hey, Brat-" Mitsuki completely ignored her son's bad attitude. "-didn't you say one of your classmates was a Todoroki?"

Katsuki stopped and stared at his mom, his scowl faltering slightly as he caught the tail end of the news report about Endeavor that was still playing on the TV.

"Yeah, so what?!"

"Geez, do you always have to yell?" Izuku thought as he listened to Katsuki yell every time he spoke. "Seriously, I'm surprised she hasn't-"

SMACK

"Stop yelling, Brat! It's too early for your attitude!"

"Don't hit me, Hag!"

"Never mind."

__________________________

Izuku sat beside Aizawa, who was cocooned in his yellow sleeping bag on the floor of the classroom after the teacher explained the internships to the class then let Midnight take over.

The forest thing happily watched all the students come up with their first hero code names while Aizawa idly pets his head and ears. All of the kids were so creative with their names! Izuku just hoped Katsuki didn't try the name he had come up with the last time he and Izuku talked about code names.

"I don't think Midnight will like king explosion murder that much." Izuku thought. He wasn't sure why the blond was so adamant about the word 'murder' being in his name, but The forest thing wasn't sure he wanted to know.

He watched as Koda went back to his seat after sharing his name with the class. Izuku liked Koda. He was always so kind and quiet, the exact opposite of Katsuki.

Besides Katsuki, his friends, and Shouto, Izuku had spent more time sitting with Koda than the rest of the class. Not that he didn't like the rest of the class, he loves all his kids, but Koda got anxious easily and because of his quirk, the comfort of an animal, or something that looks like an animal, helped calm him down.

Everyone in the classroom watched expectantly as Katsuki stood up and walked to the front of the room, his whiteboard in hand. Izuku suspected the rest of the class was thinking something similar.

"What name did you come up with?" Midnight asked eagerly.

Katsuki looked back to glance at Izuku briefly before turning back to the class and holding up his whiteboard.

"Dynamight."

Izuku felt the joy rising inside him and didn't notice as his wagging tail almost hit Aizawa in the face, earning a grunt from the teacher.

"That suits you so well!" Midnight exclaimed while bouncing up and down on her feet. Though, her joy was nothing compared to what Izuku felt at that moment.