Chapter 9: Losing is okay

Katsuki gently iced the bruises he gained from the Cavalry Battle. It always pissed him off how he bruised so easily. he hated it, it made him feel weak.

He didn't even notice the dirt on his arms, face, and clothes, he hasn't looked in the mirror since getting to his waiting room. He just wanted to chill out a little before the tournament started.

Katsuki threw his shirt off, letting it fall onto the back of a chair as he held the icepack on the big purple bruise forming on his ribs. He didn't know who exactly gave him these bruises, but he knew a few people who managed to get a hit or a kick in during the Cavalry Battle so he'll just have to kick their asses during the tournament. He was looking forward to fighting Icey Hot, he felt the need to kick his ass most of all after Todoroki managed to steal first place from him in the Cavalry Battle, then had the audacity to laugh when he got tackled by Deku.

Speak of the devil, Izuku just burst into his room like he owns the place. The familiar sounds of the forest thing transforming from dog to human echoed through the room as soon as the door shut behind him.

"Ever heard of knocking?" Katsuki snapped. He wasn't actually mad at Izuku, it's just his default to sound angry.

The forest thing didn't respond. Instead, he decided the most Dad thing to do would be to grab a cloth and wipe the dirt off of Katsuki's face. Which he did, much to Katsuki's annoyance.

"Hey-! Really?" Katsuki rolled his crimson eyes as Izuku forced him to hold still so he could wipe the dirt off the blond's face. If it were anyone else, like his real dad, Katsuki would not just let it happen. But it's Izuku, he knows better than to fight it.

"You're such a dirty child," Izuku muttered as he gently used the damp cloth to get rid of the dirt on his kid's face.

Katsuki raised a skeptical eyebrow at his eldrich parent who was always smeared with dirt and littered with seemingly endless amounts of leaves whenever he changed to his more humanoid form. What a hypocrite.

"It's your fault, you know." Katsuki looked at Izuku who was only a little shorter than he was. "You were the one who tackled me."

"After you already face-planted into the dirt. The damage was already done and I was proud of you for coming in 2nd place, you deserved a hug!" Izuku grinned widely, his sharp, white teeth shining in the light.

Katsuki growled lowly at the mention of him coming 2nd place. "I fucking lost to stupid Half-and-Half!"

Izuku didn't flinch at Katsuki's sudden outburst, he was used to his kids' anger by now.

"Kacchan, you didn't lose, You came 2nd place. You're still in the game and you'll do great in the tournament, maybe you'll even beat Shouto. Just... don't kill anyone, okay? Try to control your anger." Izuku looked at Katsuki as he finished wiping off the last of the dirt from his face. "Promise, Dynamight."

Katsuki rolled his eyes at all the nicknames, Izuku loved giving him nicknames. "Fine! But I'm not going easy on those extras!"

"I wouldn't expect you to." Izuku set the cloth down on the table. "Now, Do-"

Izuku was interrupted by the door opening and he didn't have enough time to change forms so he turned around slowly, staring blankly at Shouto who stood in the doorway looking slightly confused.

"I didn't realize Bakugo would have company," Shouto spoke in his usual soft voice as he looked between Izuku and Katsuki.

"Why does nobody knock!?" Katsuki yelled. "What the hell do you want, Icey Hot?!"

"Katsuki, be nice." Izuku scolded, emerald green eyes narrowing at the blond who quickly shut up.

"I was looking for your dog. Where is he?" The heterochromatic boy answered.