Heartache and Healing

Start from the beginning

You thanked him once more and hung up your phone. You walked back out of your apartment and took the elevator down to the ground floor. You stood outside and waited for Watari. Soon, a car pulled in front of your building, and Watari got out of the vehicle. He opened the back door for you, and you slid inside the car. Watari went back to the driver's seat and sat down, putting the car in gear. 

   " Would you mind entertaining me while I drive? How come you were running, and you now have tear stains? "

   " Well. . ."

You took a deep breath before explaining to Watari everything that happened. But, of course, you didn't tell him that you finally believe Light is Kira and that Misa Amane could be the Second Kira. That conversation would be for later with L.

   " I see. How foolish of Light Yagami. That is not how you treat a lady. "

   " Thank you Watari. "

Watari parked the car in front of a new hotel, and he opened the door for you to get out. He told you the room number and left you to go inside while he went to park the car. You went inside the hotel and took the elevator up to L's floor. You looked for his room number and entered his suite when you found the right door. You closed it behind you, leaving it unlocked. You spotted Ryuzaki sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in his hand. He was looking over a document before looking up at you, setting the paper on the table.

   " Hello, Y/n. Please come and sit. "

You only nodded and sat on the couch. Ryuzaki was seated on the single-seater couch while you sat on the oversized couch beside him. Ryuzaki slid a teacup towards you on the table, but tea was inside the cup, unlike his drink.

   " Watari informed me that you had been crying and that he saw you running to get to your apartment. What happened after you left the hotel? "

   " Shouldn't you know? You are the world's greatest detective. So great he's solved every case ever brought to him. "

   " I have an assumption, but I would think you would want to tell me directly what happened. "

   " What's the assumption? "

   " That it has something to do with Light Yagami. "

   " Well. . .you're right it does. "

   " Then tell me. "

   " After we left the hotel, I decided to walk with Light to his house. Of course, when we got there it was late, and he asked me to stay the night there since it had gotten so late. I didn't want to at first but eventually agreed. I was helping his mom clean up when a girl appeared at the door. She said that Light had left a notebook at school and she came to return it. Light came downstairs and let her come inside. He led her up to his room, and his sister told me that Light had claimed to be with his girlfriend one day and that she was the girlfriend. It hurt me a lot to hear that because of how he treated me. " You said, looking down at the table.

   " Yes, I did notice the little affections he would show you. I can assume from there you were uncomfortable and left the house. Which led you to flee and you cried when you made it home. You don't like to cry in front of others so you waited until you got home. "

   " Yeah. . .And I wanted to discuss this with you later, but-"

   " You may discuss it with me later. Your mind is not in its best state. It is better to wait until later when you've calmed down to think more rationally. You may believe what you think now, but it might be different tomorrow. For now you need to calm down and relax. "

You only nodded, and you didn't mention to him your theory involving Misa Amane. You took the teacup and started to sip at the tea. A plate of macaroons slid into your vision, and you saw Ryuzaki lean back into his chair, nodding to the plate. You took one macaroon and started to eat it little by little. The sweets and tea calmed you down, and when you finished your tea, you felt better.

   " Thank you, Ryuzaki. "

   " I did tell you to come to me, if you may ever need anything. That I will always comfort you when I can. "

   " And you've done so this far. "

   " And I will continue to do so. It is quite late. You should get some rest. There is a bedroom here in the suite you may use. I won't allow you to walk when it is so dark outside. "

   " I got to my apartment in the dark night. I'll be fine. "

   " For safety, stay in the bedroom in the back. Then, you can leave in the morning to go to your apartment and change to go to your classes. " He said, pointing to one of the doors in the hotel room.

   " Ryuzaki-"

   " Please? "

You looked up from the table at Ryuzaki. He wasn't looking at the papers below him, and his teacup was set on the table.

   " On, one condition. "

   " Which is? "

   " You go to sleep as well. "

   " There is much work that needs to be done, I cannot afford to go to sleep. "

   " Well, then neither will I. "

   " There is only one bedroom. "

   " Then I will sleep on the couch. "

   " You won't get a good sleep. "

   " I'll share the bed. Let's go. "

You stood up from the table and grabbed his left wrist. You pulled him off the chair and took him towards the room he pointed at earlier. You entered the room and shut the door. The room had papers scattered on the desk, and on the nightstands, there were candy wrappers. You walked to the bed and laid down on one side of it. Ryuzaki walked to the other side of the bed and lay on his side, looking at you, face to face. 

   " There is work to be done. "

   " Work can wait until the morning. It would be best to get to sleep and get rid of a little of those eye bags. You do realize sleep is essential, and your brain is bound to work better after getting some much needed rest. I heard that your brain will sort through all of the information you learned in your head while you sleep. " You said, yawning afterward.

   " Sleep. You need it after the day you have had. "

   " If you promise me you'll stay here and rest. " You said, closing your eyes.

   " I promise. Now sleep. "

You had already drifted off to sleep, and he kept his promise, staying in the bed. Slowly he started to get comfortable enough to yawn, and he pulled the pillow close. Before Ryuzaki fell asleep, he reached out and patted your head.

   " I apologize for the heartbreak. Even though the cause of it will not apologize, I will. You deserve better, Y/n. "

Ryuzaki felt a warm fuzzy feeling in his chest as he lay there beside you. He didn't quite understand the feeling, but he knew it wasn't bad. His hand shifted from the top of your head to your cheek.

   ' Soft. '

Your skin underneath his fingers was soft, and he kept his hand on your cheek. A stray tear slipped from your eye, and he wiped it away with his thumb. Finally, he pulled the covers over you and him, starting to go to sleep. Ryuzaki raised your hand and kissed your knuckles, and began to drift off to sleep.

   ' I'm better. ' Was his last thought before being lost in his dreams.

Together you both slept, and everything was peaceful. When Watari entered the suite, he locked the door behind himself and started to clean the table of the plates and teacups. Once the cleaning was done, he looked around for Ryuzaki, and he opened the door slightly into the bedroom. He saw you asleep underneath the covers with Ryuzaki beside you. Above the covers, he saw Ryuzaki's hand on top of yours between you both. The sight put a smile on his face, and he quietly shut the door, leaving you two to rest.