CHAPTER 3: PART 4 - (Not) A Date With An Angelic Arachnid

(expect some skipping around with the side quests, i'm only gonna include, like, 3 for lore purposes-)

----------------------------------------------

The Voice Of Susie Campbell

Who would have thought? 

Me having lunch with Joey Drew!

Apparently times are tougher than I thought. For a moment there, I though I'd be stuck with the check. 

But I gotta say, he wasn't at all what I expected. Quite the charmer.

He even called me Edgar.

I liked it.

---------------------------------------------

The two stepped through the metal doors, and walked down the silent hall, muffled noises ringing out through the area. 

The entire time, Barley had an uneasy look, like he'd seen a ghost. 

The two came to a horrific sight.

Everywhere, there were corpses of...Barley? Thousands of them, along with horrifically mangled versions of the 'Devil Gang', were strewn about, lifeless and hollow. 

Henry turned to Barley. He was gazing at a lifeless body of a clone of him, his pupils small, shaking.

"Barley.." Henry bent down to his height. "Hey, bud, look at me. 

You go back to the elevator where it's safe. I'll go meet up with Edgar. I promise, I'll be back, just wait for me."

Barley ran off to the elevator, and Henry walked across the lake of ink, trying not to look at the corpses everywhere. 

The voice flowed from the speakers once more. "Look at them. It took so many of them to make me beautiful." 

Finally, he came to the end, and the steel doors slid open.

A loud buzzing, mixed with unintelligible screams and yelling, grew louder and louder, until finally, he found himself standing before Edgar. 

The spider was glaring at the Bendy creature, shocking him with wires attached to the imp. 

Once he noticed him, he shut off the contraption, and the imp relaxed, gasping for air.

"Now....here comes the question....should I kill you? Should I tear you apart to my heart's content?" The angelic arachnid inquired. "Ah, such a difficult question...What's a boy to do?" 

He giggled a bit, then turned to the Bendy creature. 

"Take this freak for example.. He crawled in here, trailing his tainted ink to my door! 

IT COULD HAVE TOUCHED ME! 

IT COULD HAVE PULLED ME BACK! 

I had to tear them apart..I had to be perfect..." 

His tone changed to a desperate one. "I had to do it...she made me..." 

The spider switched back to the malicious tone. "Those puddles...It's like a BUZZING, SCREAMING WELL OF VOICES!" He paused to calm down for a moment, then smiled.

"You know what? I will spare you. 

Better yet, I'll help you ascend, and leave this wretched place. 

If you do some favors for me, first..."

He turned away from Henry, placing his hand on the lever of the control panel he was using.

"Back to the lift, Errand Boy! We have a lot of work to do.." 

He cackled, and turned the contraption back on, the steel window shutting.

Henry was in shock from the whole thing. 

He was face to face with an angel...at least, that's what he claimed himself to be. 

He went back to the elevator. 

"H-hey Henry! How w-was the date?"

"It wasn't much of a date at all..I don't think it was one in the first place. A lot of screaming." 

He went to the area with the steel doors, ready for the first task.

"My machines are hungry...gather some spare parts." The voice ordered. 

A box flipped open to reveal a wrench, much like the one the Imp had. 

He swapped the wrench out with the pipe, and the box flipped closed.

-NEW OBJECTIVE: FIND 3 SPECIAL GEARS.