Chapter 4

How does the park sound??"

Sapnap sat on a park bench, waiting for Karl, who was quite late. After a few minutes of sitting in the sun, Karl ran up to him, a shoulder bag clutched in his hands.

"I'm so sorry!" Karl sat down next to him, panting. "I had class and-"

"Don't worry about it!" Sapnap put his hand on his shoulder. "Catch your breath."

The two sat on the bench, listening to the breeze blow by as the sun shone, making the sky bright.

Karl's heart was racing. He had been late, what if he had kept Sapnap waiting for too long?

"So," Karl finally spoke, "What got you into racing?"

Sapnap put his hand on his chin, thinking for a second. "It was mostly Dream I think. He liked it and I joined him, and i also thought it was cool."

Karl nodded. "I've always watched your races. I think you're really good at it."

Sapnap chuckled. "Thank you, but Dream is truly the winner. I haven't seen him lose a race in months."

Sapnap stood up, reaching his hand out to Karl. "But, enough about me, tell me what you like to do!"

Karl looked at Sapnap, the sun outlining his smiling face. He looked so bright and cheerful and handsome and all good words Karl could possibly think of.

Sapnap smiled at Karl, looking at his eyes full of sparkle and wonder. Sapnap wanted to know everything about this boy.

The two spent the day driving around in Sapnap's car, talking about whatever came to mind. It turns out they had a lot more in common than they thought. They both liked video games and the same musicians, Energy drinks and nail polish, cats and obviously cars.

By the end of the day, they were parked in a parking lot eating Taco Bell and holding hands without really thinking about it.

"You should stay at my place tonight," Sapnap said. "I like you a lot!"

Karl giggled. "I would, but my roommates would be worried about me. They never trust anyone."

"Well then," Sapnap said, putting his hand on the steering wheel, "I'll take you home. Maybe they'll look at me and think 'oh wow, it's Sapnap, famous race car driver! Of course we trust him!'"

They laughed as they drove to Karl's house. His roommates did not in fact find Sapnap that impressive. One was taller than the door, leaning down to go through the door and wave at Sapnap. The other was short, maybe not even five feet tall by the looks of it. They seemed to bicker as Karl went inside and Sapnap drove off.

The door opened and Karl's roommates, Skeppy and Bad, were there to open the door for him.

"There he is!" Bad said, ducking down to get out the door and wave at Sapnap. "How did it go?"

Skeppy looked at Sapnap's car skeptically. "I don't like him."

Bad led them inside. "It doesn't matter what you think, Skeppy! It was Karl's date."

"It was good," Karl smiled, hanging his bag up by the door. "He's really nice."

"Come on," Bad said, making Karl sit on the couch. "Tell me all about it! I want details."

Skeppy sat down on the other side of Karl as he told them all about it.

"Well, i was a bit late, but he took me on a drive and we went around the city. He took me to the dancing fountains in the center of the city! And then Taco Bell, which isn't as fancy, but it was still good."

"Taco Bell is a red flag," Skeppy said, pointing.

"Oh come on, it's just Taco Bell. He may be a rich guy, but at least he likes good food," Karl said, pointing back.

"You two should get to bed," Bad said, standing up. "There's a Race tomorrow and I know Karl will want to go see his new boyfriend!"

Karl giggled. "I don't think he's my boyfriend just yet."

A few minutes later, Karl laid in his bed, feeling floaty with happiness. It had been such a good day.

Sapnap opened the door to his house, and as soon as he closed the door, he jumped up in excitement. It had gone so well!

"I'm guessing it went well?" Dream asked. He was laying on the couch, computer in his lap.

"Yes!" Sapnap sat down next to Dream's feet. "I took him around the city and he was so nice! He likes video games and Lovejoy and painting his nails he's just so pretty!"

Dream laughed. "Well, there's a race tomorrow, you better hope you see him there."

Sapnap nodded before getting up to go to bed.